We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Three years to get debt free
Comments
-
Morning,
I have contacted everyone I can where I think a refund is due. That should hopefully start to come through late next week.
I know exactly how much I need each month for it to work. Yesterday I cancelled lots of things and that isn't huge, but I just think every little bit helps.
I do have a last bit of work booked in on the house and have decided to go ahead with it. That money is separate, and I have conserved enough to be ok until March without picking up any other work. I have every intention of picking up work from now until then.
I went shopping yesterday and kept it under £40. I didn't need much and will keep it as low as possible every week. Fuel will be my other saving.
In Sorting news, the shed is ready to have everything moved into it. I am going to make a start on that today. That will be a job for the week as there is so much around the house.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x6 -
I had a really successful organising day yesterday. I sorted out one room of the house and moved all the items to the shed. I still have another room to go, but I am happy with how much I did.
I packed the car up for the tip as well and managed to get a lot of things removed. Mostly cardboard from the deliveries but at least that is done. An old electric fan also went.
I put the clothes away and did another load of washing.
Feel like I have made some progress on the shed and house.
Still nothing from the companies that I think owe me money. Hopefully that will start to happen this week and I will know exactly where I am.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x4 -
One positive that you're due some refunds to tide you over. I hope they arrive quickly.
Great progress on the organising.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪1 -
Thanks
Refund one is in. £727. That is an additional month sorted. That is the one I thought would be a few hundred.
Got two more that I know of. One should be a few weeks, the other could be ages as it is HMRC.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x3 -
Unexpected refund in today.
£71 tonight.
Also had a call from my other employer, asking if I had availability for some more work. It is the job I still have. Hoping that comes off.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x3 -
A really mixed day so far.
DD's card has been stolen and used at a shop several times this morning. Thankfully we are alerted to all transactions so quickly stopped it before it emptied her account. Just short of £10,was taken over 3 transactions and then they tried to take a further 3 but all were declined.
The bank won't refund until I complete an anti fraud report so I have just done that.
Then I made some flowers foran order.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x2 -
Yesterday felt like I had achieved loads, even if I didn't!
I reported the stolen card to the fraud department and applied for her to get her money back. Her new card is on the way.
I did the makes and delivered one of them.
I had the handyman come round and do a load of jobs. Blinds are up, TV is on the wall, shelves up in DD's room and shelves up in the shed to store things. I had a keylock fitted outside for when DD leaves her key. It will only have a key in it in emergencies and not have one all year round. I usually know when DD has left her key at her dad's or when I am organising the builder, son prefer having one for those occasions.
Today I am visiting the flower market and then getting some stock for Christmas gifts.
Tomorrow I am potentially out with a friend and Friday I am having lunch out.
This weekend is our autumn concert with band. I have been asked to create a bouquet for the raffle, which will give me much needed exposure. I am allowed to take my business cards, so that will be nice.
Money is ok. All of this weeks spends have been allocated and do not come out of my monthly cut downs. Still waiting on two refunds. I think they will be a little while as tax doesn’t often kick in for a few weeks.
Have a decision to make ref the legal case. They want to feature me as a case study. They want my picture and the whole scenario, which I am not comfortable with. They have offered an anonymous version as a compromise. Part of me would be happy to show others they can take action, but equally what has happened is private to me and I am not sure, given the four years of difficulty and delaying with legal things, I would go through it again, or encourage anyone else to without actually really considering the depths of mental difficulty it takes you too. None of which they would allow me to put!.
Have a lovely day x
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x2 -
Busy day with flowers… some from today
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x2 -
Worked out refunds
Tax back should be approx £1200
Refund one furniture £350
Refund two flight seat changes £91
That is another two months of bills covered.
Here's hoping it all comes in quickly.
Payday from my last job is Wednesday. That will pay for Oct and Nov.
Just constantly trying to manage the money aspect.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x3 -
Beautiful flowers 🥰 Sorry to hear about DD’s card. There seems to be a lot of this type of fraud going on at the moment, shame on them 🤬
Tough call re the case study. I guess on the one hand you want to help others in the same situation but on the other you want to remain anonymous.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards








