We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Three years to get debt free

1…255256258260261…263

Comments

  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,759
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite

    Just going to take the night to process as I left today after finding out yesterday. X

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,562
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Im so sorry Willowtree 222, after being in my employment for 12 years and going out of my way to help them out when needed, I realised after a conversation with a manager, I was just a number and if needed would be let go, the needs of the company comes first now I was told. I stayed for another 3 years until I had had enough. Sending hugs your way.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,294
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Oh no sorry to hear this ☹️ I’m sure you’ll come up with a plan after you’ve absorbed the news. Sending a big hug x

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 3,680
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Not good, hope you’re ok x

    Sealed pot challenge 822

    Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,294
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I was made redundant from a job I loved just 2 weeks after I lost my mum. I was already in shock so the news just sort of washed over me. I found another job straight away that turned out to be a much better job and I'm still here 26 years later…

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,759
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,759
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite

    Morning,

    Did some more number crunching yesterday and think I have some refunds due that will help.

    I have paid full tax even though I have only just earned the personal allowance. Once they realise I am not earning more, they should refund it. I think that is £1000.

    I had been overpaying a loan and it ended and I hadn't cancelled my overpayment, they have closed the account and I am waiting for the statement to say what they owe me. I think it might be a couple of hundred.

    Both of those should see me through another month, which will be good.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 3,368
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    do you have any annual leave to get paid too?

    22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,759
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.