We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Three years to get debt free

1…252253255257258…260

Comments

  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Can anyone recommend any savings accounts? I am looking for at least 5% interest.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Sorted out a savings account. It is above my mortgage interest, which is exactly what I wanted.

    Started back at job 2 today so that will be pay next week.

    Managed two lots of washing today as it was dry.

    DD had her first day back and it wasn't as smooth as I would have hoped. All clubs back this week as well, which will mean a few nights where she has a sleep. She will be exhausted by the end of the week.

    Blinds for upstairs ordered. Furniture for the shed also ordered. A plan for some things has been set in motion.

    Holiday booked but DD doesn't know about it yet. It is a weekend away just before Christmas. A long way off but booked.

    The next half term is another load of work being done on the house. That will be everything for the house.

    X

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    What a lovely treat a Xmas break just before Xmas. Be here before you know it.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    I know. It books up fast so wanted to secure it. We have been before and DD loves it, so I know she will be fine.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,234 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Good to have something to look forward to.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    They are lovely. A lady not far from me started doing similar as a hobby, has become so successful that she has now turned it into her full time job.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    What a really busy week.

    Thankfully I have a day off next week and waiting for deliveries so I can not do much.

    DD won't be at her dad's this weekend so I don't have my tomorrow to catch up.

    I have lots of organising to do in the house. This will start this weekend with under the fire storage that has just been created and then next weekend the shed furniture will have arrived and be built so tons of storage in there for all my crafting things. That will then free up so much house space.

    Money is fine. Hoping getting the extra month set up will work. Only time will tell.

    Some cashback has been returned to me. £75 paid into my account yesterday. Might treat myself today to some chocolate and treats. Only around £20.

    I have two orders coming up. One is a wedding hamper, the other is a birthday balloon. I did yesterday's order and personalised it. This was an additional thing for me to learn and get through.

    I am going shopping this morning, DD has her club and then I can sort things out.

    Hope everyone else has a lovely day x

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    It will be brilliant to have a dedicated space for crafting. You’re doing really well getting stuff done to the house.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.