We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Three years to get debt free

1…253254256258259…261

Comments

  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    20260912_120448.jpg

    Made this for my wedding hamper this morning. Cost barely anything to do.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,324 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    I wish you were nearer to me and I would order.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Created some designs this week to see what I could do.

    20260908_152112.jpg 20260908_152049.jpg 20260908_152051.jpg 20260908_151550.jpg 20260908_173122.jpg
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Had a very spendy day yesterday. I needed expensive things like washing tablets and so braved home bargains.

    I saw they had a lot of Christmas things out, so I got some gifts in ready. I prefer buying in advance and knowing I have things. I have most of my sister's birthday present as well. That is mid October.

    I also needed to get the items for the hamper. I have most of them now. Hamper will be completed on Tuesday.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I noticed this weekend the shops have stepped up a gear with Xmas. Dont need many presents at Xmas for people so will start this week. Want to have as much done by the start of December, so I can relax and enjoy the build up to Xmas, especially as I used to work in retail and worked all over the festive period.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 8,743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Yes, they have.

    I also used to work retail so usually have all gifts by October to prevent the madness that happens in December! I start July/August so I am a little later this year. I know I will have it done though.

    September 2017 Debt = £25330

    Starting afresh.

    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,263 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    What a lovely hamper, she’ll be really pleased with it I’m sure.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.