We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Good and Bad Buys at Lidl and Aldi stores (***Please don't expire***)
Comments
-
That must have been the Tartrazine !
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.1 -
So far I have tested against pistachio ice creams by Hackney Gelato (which I would give nil points) and the much marketed Magnum, which I would give negative marks to if I could. I will be stocking up at Lidl Deluxe ice cream tubs just as soon as I am able to liberate some freezer space!
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.3 -
OH tried the M&S one & gave it a thumbs down. Got the same issue with freezer space or I would have purchased the Lidl one to try.
0 -
thanks for the updates on these. I've been looking at them for my OH (I don't like pistachio much) but the other day I decided instead on the strawberry cheesecake tub. We both liked that. Which leaves us with the salted caramel tub yet to try.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅2 -
Did you try the Colombian coffee flavour?
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.2 -
No they didn't have that at our Lidl - at least not this last visit. I would have gone for it if it was there. I don't normally buy tubs but needed to ensure I was topping the £50 spend to get the £5 off which essentially meant the ice cream was free. (ok - it's an excuse to buy ice cream and not a very good one but I'm sticking with it!!)
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅3 -
Lidl are selling Japanese hand saws currently. There are 3 different varieties - blue, orange and green - that can be differentiated thus:
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.2 -
And I can feel a ghost peering over my shoulder speculating & being So Intrigued by these. Just as well I don't go into Lidl too often or I might leave with tools & tears.
4 -
Aldi is my regular store but lately they only seem to have stock of 1kg packs of their basic spaghetti and penne pasta. The price per kg is no different but I find the packs heavy and cumbersome.
Does anyone know if Lidl still sell 500g packs? 🤔
1 -
Yes they do and Linguine in 500g is on offer just now.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





