Good and Bad Buys at Lidl and Aldi stores (***Please don't expire***)

Options

Comments

• MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Aldi built an Aldi in a town near me, to replace a small ageing one. They do click & collect, which would be great if I could figure out how their checkout works. It has a big cheese selection and some organic veg. My local Lidl doesn't do click and collect. Before the pandemic we used it as a deli. 
  • briskbeats
    briskbeats Posts: 434 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The other day I had to sling out some Lidl’s fat free Greek yogurt. Opened it 3 days before. Though had another 10 days on bb date - it curdled and stank.

I use the stretchy silicon lid covers and never had a problem 
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay!! Prunes back in Aldi after about 8 weeks. I'm ashamed to say I bought 4 packs so probably could be accused of panic buying. ☹️
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    maman said:
    Yay!! Prunes back in Aldi after about 8 weeks. I'm ashamed to say I bought 4 packs so probably could be accused of panic buying. ☹️
    Well no one will accuse you of being constipated :D
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • briskbeats
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Prunes are back at my work too. Happy customers 
  • maman
    Options
    Where do you work? Do you know why they haven't been available for weeks? 🤔
  • briskbeats
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman said:
    Where do you work? Do you know why they haven't been available for weeks? 🤔
    Found this out from online. Poor weather in Chile where most of the dried prunes come from.

https://www.freshplaza.com/article/9322131/several-markets-experienced-a-severe-shortage-of-chilean-fresh-and-dried-prunes/

you can read the article but can scroll up and down but can’t remove the pop up box in middle of screen (viewed article on iPhone)

NOT a Covid or Brexit reason!

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    redfox said:
    This is the new Lidl and Aldi buying thread. Please report any good/bad deals, good/bad offers and good/bad products.

The old thread can be found here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5960153/good-and-bad-buying-at-lidl-and-aldi-please-dont-expire#latest

Why wasn't a link to this thread posted on the old one then! I only subscribe to a very few threads, relying on te email notifications to tell me when to look at any new posts, they ceased hence me posting on the old one yesterday as I realised nothing had come through recently...
  • maman
    Options
    harz99 said:
    redfox said:
    This is the new Lidl and Aldi buying thread. Please report any good/bad deals, good/bad offers and good/bad products.

The old thread can be found here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5960153/good-and-bad-buying-at-lidl-and-aldi-please-dont-expire#latest

Why wasn't a link to this thread posted on the old one then! I only subscribe to a very few threads, relying on te email notifications to tell me when to look at any new posts, they ceased hence me posting on the old one yesterday as I realised nothing had come through recently...
    I think 'hiding' the old thread away was a deliberate move. Although the thread is about buying at Aldi and Lidl we should only post about deals/offers/products not quality of customer service, shortages, price rises or any other aspect of buying which interest the consumer. 
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    harz99 said:
    Kredfox said:

Absolutely agree. And what purpose does creating a new thread serve anyway? Maybe it’s just another power thing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure