PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2021 Grocery Challenge

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Hettyhound
    Hettyhound Posts: 947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ah well, gone over budget.  I’ve spent £207.60 out of a budget of £190.  I also fear there may have been a couple of pop to the corner shop spends I've forgotten about.  I am however under on my annual budget where I am £1,140.44 out of £2,500 so good news there.  Off shopping now as it was payday yesterday so big beginning of month stock up.
    Grocery challenge SPC #023 SPC 12: £125.86[/COLOUR]:SPC 13: £214.98: SPC 14: £297.41 SPC 15: £237.27 SPC 16 £335.39; SPC 17 ? MFW #21 Mortgage start Dec 2015 £79,950; January 2024 £26,105 2024 OP £150/COLOR]/£1,500 MFiT T6 #3 £13,159/£25,500 (51.60%)
  • ancientmum
    ancientmum Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to buy some milk on Monday  so total spend for June came to £91.50/100.  Happy with that, see you all in the July challenge.
    Grocery challenge 2024: Annual budget £323.97/1200
  • Sallyp2
    Sallyp2 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    WOW some excellent underspends achieved. Even the overspends are not that tragic. 
    Makes my huge overspend seem like total home mismanagement. I think it may be cheaper to employ a housekeeper at this rate
    • Grocery Challenge: April £263.60 / £250
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My friend had to have a blood test Tuesday a.m., Dr rang p.m. we need to repeat the test Wednesday a.m. Dr rang p.m. wanted to see her, sent straight to hospital, which resulted in me, sitting in the car park from around 7 p.m. until after 11 p.m. before they confirmed she had to stay in, hospital 25 mins away.
    I had neglected to pick up my kindle. In those 4 hrs, I read my car manual from cover to cover, tried a few adjustments, cleared and tidied all my door pockets, then I turned to my phone, played with a few apps and deleted some.
    Now I have lost my spreadsheet, again, so wrapping June with what I have in my mind, knowing I was in budget.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • flossyblog
    flossyblog Posts: 259 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Total grocery shop comes to €329.08, which takes me €79.08 over budget. My half year figure comes in at €1483, so €17 still in credit.
    see you on the july board
    Grocery challenge year budget €3K Jan €190 Feb €225 Mar €313 Apr €202 May €224 June €329 July €518 Aug €231Sep €389 Oct €314 Nov €358 Dec €335  Total spent €3628
    2021Frugal living challenge year budget €12.250 Total spent €15.678

Jan €438 Feb €1200 Mar €508  Apr €799 May €1122 June
    1595 July €835 Aug €480 Sep €957 Oct €993  Nov €909 Dec €2698

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    Options
    pamsdish said:
    My friend had to have a blood test Tuesday a.m., Dr rang p.m. we need to repeat the test Wednesday a.m. Dr rang p.m. wanted to see her, sent straight to hospital, which resulted in me, sitting in the car park from around 7 p.m. until after 11 p.m. before they confirmed she had to stay in, hospital 25 mins away.
    I had neglected to pick up my kindle. In those 4 hrs, I read my car manual from cover to cover, tried a few adjustments, cleared and tidied all my door pockets, then I turned to my phone, played with a few apps and deleted some.
    Now I have lost my spreadsheet, again, so wrapping June with what I have in my mind, knowing I was in budget.
    @pamsdish that sounds like a truly miserable night. I do hope your friend is recovering. My friend is just our of hospital after 2 weeks in there and rang for a chat (lovely, and quite a relief). Something is going on - she has to boost her diet with the right vitamins to stimulate her kidneys
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Options
    pamsdish said:
    @pamsdish that sounds like a truly miserable night. I do hope your friend is recovering. My friend is just our of hospital after 2 weeks in there and rang for a chat (lovely, and quite a relief). Something is going on - she has to boost her diet with the right vitamins to stimulate her kidneys
    My friends kidneys leak protein, it was under control but no consultant vists and next May 2022 cancelled already ???
    she will not eat veggies, peas are her limit, no salad items either, she gets prescribed high protein yogurt.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2021 at 11:44AM
    Options
    Hi sorry I've not been around. HL and WL just gets so busy.
    I'm somewhere on the £236 figure so a bit under. .Hopefully I can drop this soon, but its DD1s birthday next month; so maybe not yet.
    My new month started today; as it's payday today, so off to the July thread and will update sig asap.
    I managed to be under by £70. Sorry I'm late totting up, but I got C-19 on the 30th, so only just back to normal.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm somewhere on the £236 figure so a bit under. .Hopefully I can drop this soon, but its DD1s birthday next month; so maybe not yet.
    My new month started today; as it's payday today, so off to the July thread and will update sig asap.
    I managed to be under by £70. Sorry I'm late rotting up, but I got C-19 on the 30th, so only just back to normal.
    Hope you are feeling better now, @K9sandFelines

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I managed to be under by £70. Sorry I'm late rotting up, but I got C-19 on the 30th, so only just back to normal.
    Hope you are feeling better now, @K9sandFelines

- Pip
    Only just seen this sorry. I'm much better thanks 😊
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure