IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal for CP Plus re Road Chef / Moto PCNs – Advice on defence against Claim

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It seems Group Nexus are backing themselves into a corner especially as one director is listed for Group Nexus and CP Plus

All this rubbish wanting a copy of a licence / passport.  These fools don't even know what you look like.  ???   This is how identity theft happens and maybe you should alert the authorities
  • larry63
    larry63 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://gofund.me/f43009b7
    Above is a link to help a person win a case supported by CouponMAD
    Please help Coupon Mad win another case.  I have already donated - Thanks CouponMad and the rest of the team.

Totally agree that we should help as we are on here sucking up support, help and guidance, as and when we need it.  And the team help us win case after case after case.

Yet it is the same group of people day after day is helping us try to defend and win against crazy actions that the likes of Roadchef and Moto actively encourge.

I hope you win again CouponMad

• beamerguy
    edited 1 June 2021 at 8:46PM
    Options
    larry63 said:

Yet it is the same group of people day after day is helping us try to defend and win against crazy actions that the likes of Roadchef and Moto actively encourge.

I don't think either MOTO or Roadchef knew until recently the extent of damage unfolding by CP Plus ... AKA, "THE TWO MAN BAND KNOWN AS GROUP NEXUS"

No doubt MOTO/ROADCHEF were told it would stop abuse ???
    Who the hell would want to abuse a car park in the the middle of nowwhere ????

Let's hope that MOTO and Roadchef kick CP PLUS / GROUP NEXUS into the long grass

THE GOVERNMENT SAYS ......

For CP PLUS, this means a £100 a pop ?

• larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All

I have now received a response to my SAR request from dcblegal ltd.

It simply contains a copy of the following:

Letter Of Claim from DCB Legal
    A copy of a letter saying Moto have discontinued their claim.
    A copy of my defence

Nothing else. 

Should i have expected anything more?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    larry63 said:
    Hi All

I have now received a response to my SAR request from dcblegal ltd.
    It simply contains a copy of the following:
    Letter Of Claim from DCB Legal
    A copy of a letter saying Moto have discontinued their claim.
    A copy of my defence
    Nothing else. 
    Should i have expected anything more?
    Do you need anything else?
  • larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All

From Group Nexus i have received from my SAR request the following

A copy of the Charge Notice (Moto PCN)
    A copy of the charge Notice Reminder (Moto PCN)
    A copy of Legal Action Pending (Moto PCN)

A copy of the Charge Notice (Roadchef PCN)
    A copy of the charge Notice Reminder (Roadchef PCN)
    A copy of Legal Action Pending (Roadchef PCN)

A copy of an email from Moto asking for details regarding the PCN dated May 21 Redacted
    A copy of an email from Moto adasvising that the PCN should be cancelled and all claims re PCN stopped. May 21 Redacted

A copy of an email from groupnexus to dcbltd asking if a trace was conducted on the Moto PCN...   ???

No emails at all between Groupnexus and Roadchef, yet there has to be several as i have communicated many times with Roadchef, and Roadchef have sent many to Groupnexus, as Group nexus have breach GDPR as they have sent details of the Moto PCN to the person at Roadchef.

Should i expect more than this, eg all letters sent out from all of theri debt agencies that they claim have been sent, they have also claimed to Roadchef they have had communication from someone on my behalf appealing the ticket.  Yet nothing in the SAR response.

Any thoughts?

Ta

• larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:

Do you need anything else?
    Yes, as there is still a PCN being claimed, and was looking to know what evidence and information they held, and being used to pursue the Roadchef PCN.  For example any emails to Roadchef, which would provide further clear evidence of their GDPR breach, and if Roadchef relied upon this information not to cancel the PCN.  Maybe wishful thinking?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    larry63  ....... We wonder who actually runs RoadChef ? Is it Mark Fox the supposed CEO or Tracy Baitup who claims to be Director of Commercial Income ?

Director of Commercial Income is a big title for a little lady who is clueless .... maybe her job is to get income from Group Nexus ?

Mark Fox in my opinion is a complete fool letting this Tracey run the show and whilst she is doing this this, it is becoming a news story which will explode.
    Maybe Tracey signed a contract with Group Nexus (the two man band)

It all sounds like a "Britains got Talent" contestant who failed her audition and now controls the CEO ...... who must be weak to hold customers in contempt

Best advice for Mark Fox, get rid of Tracey, get rid of Group Nexus and start to rebuild a customer database that trusts you ?     

I am sure Mark Fox is not that stupid, he has a board of directors to answer to

Get rid of the stupid Tracey, get rid of Group Nexus and just hope your customers will return.

I would say that given the protection Tracey gives to Group Nexus there is a lot more going on that Mark Fox is unaware of

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Send a SAR to Roadchef (go on, you know you want it from them!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 June 2021 at 4:58AM
    Options
    Send a SAR to Roadchef (go on, you know you want it from them!).
    Hi, thanks, agreed i do and did.  I think they have a matter of days to respond....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback