IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal for CP Plus re Road Chef / Moto PCNs – Advice on defence against Claim

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Q2) You leave any jackanory stories for the WS stage , which also means that you will have the SAR replies etc
  • larry63
    larry63 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Redx said:
    Q2) You leave any jackanory stories for the WS stage , which also means that you will have the SAR replies etc
    Thanks, sadly old enough to remember Jackanory and the inference.   So in your opinion all good to go?
  • Redx
    Options
    larry63 said:
    Redx said:
    Thanks, sadly old enough to remember Jackanory and the inference.   So in your opinion all good to go?
    Probably needs more work , but I leave that to others , especially because Q1 wasn't answered , wait for replies
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why not read the other one exactly the same from today where someone has already replied back to Ken?  It really helps us not to repeat everything daily!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why not read the other one exactly the same from today where someone has already replied back to Ken?  It really helps us not to repeat everything daily!
    Hi Coupon-mad
    Sorry i dont understand, are you saying i should see the defence written by someone else today on another thread?  Which one. 
    Thanks.as always.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2021 at 9:13PM
    Options
    I don't recall which one, sorry!   I don't mean a defence, I mean a follow up to the complaint to Ken.  You only have to find the one like yours...having a look and reading the day's relevant threads is good research/forum skills.   I am not telling you to SEARCH the forum, just skim read thread titles.

I am telling you I read a follow up complaint to Ken, here, today.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Redx said:
    Probably needs more work , but I leave that to others , especially because Q1 wasn't answered , wait for replies
    Thanks Redx
    Who do you think i should reach out to for feedback as i am running out of time, needs to be in by 24th?
  • Redx
    Options
    larry63 said:
    Redx said:
    Thanks Redx
    Who do you think i should reach out to for feedback as i am running out of time, needs to be in by 24th?
    Nobody , I consider it disrespectful to message people without prior permission , plus this is not a legal forum and members here are banned from giving legal advice , you pay a lawyer for that

My point ? People will answer if they have an opinion on something relevant , like I did , their choice , not your remit to force the issue

• larry63
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Redx said:
    Nobody , I consider it disrespectful to message people without prior permission , plus this is not a legal forum and members here are banned from giving legal advice , you pay a lawyer for that

My point ? People will answer if they have an opinion on something relevant , like I did , their choice , not your remit to force the issue

Ok, Thanks Redex, i appreciate the comments and have taken note, especially as you and several others clearly spend a great deal of time giving free feedback and guidance on a daily basis, which is greatly appreciated. 

I am just panicking a bit with the deadline of a few days away, of dropping an almighty clanger.

Will sit tight a few more days to see if anyone has any pointers other than yours, which i have taken on board.

Thanks

• Redx
    edited 21 May 2021 at 11:04AM
    Options
    larry63 said:
    Redx said:

Ok, Thanks Redex, i appreciate the comments and have taken note, especially as you and several others clearly spend a great deal of time giving free feedback and guidance on a daily basis, which is greatly appreciated. 

I am just panicking a bit with the deadline of a few days away, of dropping an almighty clanger.

Will sit tight a few more days to see if anyone has any pointers other than yours, which i have taken on board.

Thanks

Agreed , but you brought this to us 2 days ago on the 19th and your deadline is next Monday the 24th , bringing it to a forum mainly consisting of unpaid , unqualified volunteers , the vast majority of whom have no legal experience , no qualifications , just sensible advice

Just go with the flow , keep adapting your draft and repost it below for critique . Trying to get spurious answers to uncommon questions detracts from the job in hand

Without that template you would currently have a blank sheet of paper , so go with the template , warts and all , Now is not the time for deep analysis

Nobody is told to adapt paragraph 1 , just paragraphs 2 & 3 , so concentrate on those only
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback