Plan.com

Options
I have read some discussions about this company and thought I would share my story. I know I have a long fight on my hands.
I received a call from my provider Car Phone Warehouse. The caller knew details about me only Car Phone Warehouse would know and knew my contract was due for renewal. I even said I didn't think Car Phone Warehouse existed anymore.The caller replied parts of Car Phone Warehouse like us were still operating.  With intense selling I agreed to a contract that was, my words were as long as it "was like for like" and with O2.
At no time did I think it was any other company except Car Phone Warehouse. 

Subsequently when my bills came in higher than I was advised and after a technical issue I Phoned Car Phone watehouse  who had no idea what I was talking about. ONLY THEN did I realise I had not been dealing with CPW and it is easy to see how cold callers con you when they claim to be someone else.
So now I know it is Plan.com and bills are twice what I expected. In addition to use the data they say and calls I would be using it 25 hours a day 7 days a week.Finally my account says I M a business user with a hairdresser company. I am in fact an undertaker with a multi National company and not connected at all to any business ownership. 
So there we are be warned. I.know it will be a tough fight but maybe Martin or one of his lieutenants can take this company on as reading the threads I cannot believe they can get away with this.

Comments

• chistery
    chistery Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Never do business with anyone that cold calls, even if it's a business you know, is my advice
    Can you cancel? Are you within the initial cooling off period?
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 May 2021 at 9:52AM
    Options
    you have been sold a business contract with no cooling off period

Have a long read here to give you some ideas:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5930534/prestige-telecom-plan-com-its-time-we-fought-back#latest

• jaqphillip
    Options
    I am with plan.com and my contract was taken out on the 13.7.2018 36 month contract. As it is due to end 13.7.2021 I went to EE to take out a new contract and for plan.com port the pac. To be told I had taken out a new contract with plan.com  march 2020 for a further 36 months. This was news to me. On calling them to prove I had taken out a new contract without my knowledge. They emailed me the new contract all it says is that it was electronically signed on my behalf. Is this legal?  This a year on is news to me. I did not authorize a new contract. 1. why would I take a new contract when the one I had, had not run out. They say I am now in another contract for a further 36 months. This means my phone will be 6 years old before I can get out. Or pay them £816.  I thought 36 month contacts were now illegal.  The contract they sent me yesterday is the first time I have seen it. 61 pages long. with no signature of mine or authorized.  any ideas please
  • jaqphillip
    Options
    to continue the saga with plan.com.   after several emails and phone calls. I took the contract out 2018 for 36 months. after 18 months they called to review. I asked to lower my bill, which they did, unknown to me with this I had agreed to another 36 months. new emails yesterday to leave them they want £708 plus £330 plus they say I dont own the handset. What a nightmare. feel very stupid
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    New price = new contract .
  • YatChung
    Options

Warning to everyone about Plan.com Totally regret leaving my previous provider .. EE.  

Been with Plan.com for 2 months and so far this:

1. Wrong phone sent, had to send it back and get money back from them for postage paid, then waited 3 weeks for correct phone. SIM however arrived the day after I agreed to contract. What a surprise. 
    2. Was told money would Direct Debit out of 1st of every month, this so far has not happened. In fact its been DD on a different date each time.
    3. This is my first ever business phone account so I am only used to just being quoted the monthly costs little did I realise they quoted me before VAT. So now its another £11 per month on top of the quoted amount.
    Today I called to complain about items 2 & 3, was told:
    "you signed the contract nothing we can do about it. All the details would have been quoted to you over the phone and you have been made aware of all this. It was your responsibility to read all the T's & C's emailed to you.
    Also the phone you chose is an expensive phone"
    I said yes the phone is expensive (Samsung S23 Ultra) but at the time there were many other deals going that (I now know) worked out way cheaper than what I am now stuck with and also those other regular phone contracts were 24 months and not 36months. Which works out that plan.com earn over another £1,000 from me by the end of the contract.
    The person I spoke to was not helpful whatsoever, she was like a robot and just kept quoting lines as though it was all well rehearsed many times.
    What makes all this worse is that I never contacted them, they contacted me when my contract with EE was coming to an end. Making it sound like they were a division of EE. 
    So now I am stuck to an unnecessarily expensive contract for 3 more years.
    My advice to anyone out there is, if like me you are a small business and a sole trader think carefully before being scammed into signing one of plan.com's business phone contracts. Spread the word, and I hope they go out of business. 

Ps. The 5 stars given on Trustpilot are clearly fake as all reviews are either 5stars or 1star, no in betweens. So it brings their overall rating to 4.4 out of 5. Cunning I'd say. I suggest just read the 1 star reviews as they are the genuine reviews. 

• wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Being curious I I search for plan.com but added UK to the search criteria and it came up with oops are you lost.
     Sorry, this page doesn't exist! We recently updated our website, so this could be why!

However, if you use the menu at the top of this page, you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Someone please tell me what money is
  • Rebecca60
    Options
    Plan.com are clearly using underhand business selling methods. I didn't even speak to them and they renewed my contract with them - they are charging me more than my other phone company but giving me less data and no handset. How are they allowed to do this? I have no intention of paying them a fee to leave, I will go straight to the ombudsman. 
  • mosskatz
    mosskatz Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hey
    Ive sent this on a couple of the other related posts.....

These people are awful, the same thing happened to my wife
    Ive worked in call centres all my life so i sent a stern and threatenting email and they cancelled the contract for free.
    I also emailed all the senior staff.

feel free to use............

Hello 

My name is ___, I am the husband of ___, who was cold called yesterday by a member of your sales team where it was implied that you were calling from EE about an upgrade on her account.

She was given sales spiel about saving on monthly bills and coerced into signing up for a 36-month business contract without any cooling off period.

My wife had no idea about the difference between a business contract and a personal one and it was not explained to her that there wouldn’t be a cooling off period.

We’d like to cancel her contract with Prestige Telecom group asap.

1.      Under the GDPR Individual rights section, we are entitled to a SAR (Subject access request) for the call transcripts and recordings from the selling off this contract. Please provide.

2.      We believe that the contract was mis sold under the ‘communications act 2003’.

3.      Under the right to be informed section of GDPR, We are entitled to know where you got the data to call her from. I was told a lead generation site yesterday but was given no name. Do you have the site? Site owner? IP? Address? Optin? Privacy statement? I await these details.

4.      The CLI used to cold call her and make the sale was an 07 number, under Ofcom and ICO rules sales calls cannot be made from mobile numbers. Can you advise why sales calls are being made on mobile phone numbers?

5.      The contract terms are also deemed unreasonable as per the ‘unfair contract terms act 1977’.

6.      Your agent yesterday mentioned that you screen against the TPS register but did not mention the CTPS? Can you confirm if you screen calls against that register?

7.      You have one calendar month to reply to the SAR and then we will take this to the financial ombudsman.

8.      We also believe that the FCAs TCF guidelines were not complied with, especially outcome three which ensures that ‘Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.’ Can you advise?

9.      After asking the agent multiple times yesterday if we could cancel, he said no and we must pay the full contract price (36 x £27). I then spoke to ___ who advised we could cancel after all? Can you explain the reason for the discrepancies?

10.   I notice that you have recently had a record sales month on new business? Do you have any visibility for the consumer on how your staff are incentivised (besides pizza and doughnuts). Matt confirmed that he is paid on commission but couldn’t divulge the amount. Can you please provide transparency? I believe this also comes under the TCF guidelines?

11.   I can also see that you have been shortlisted for 2 awards by ‘The News, Portsmouth’. Has the paper been made aware of the 100s of negative reviews online?. (see below) The Trustpilot page also seems very suspect with a lot of generic non-specific reviews? I find it had to believe that there are so many 5* reviews when the complaints are so high elsewhere.

arrivala.com/prestige-telecom-group-298/reviews/

www.justanswer.com/uk-law/is8rt-i-ve-coldcalled-buy-company-called-prestige-telecom.html

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6266683/plan-com (there are a number of posts on MSE)

We were told last night that we would get a call about the source of the data but still have had no call.

As mentioned above we would like to cancel her contract with Prestige Telecom group asap.

Kind Regards

This was the reply they sent 

this was the reply to the email

Hi ___,

The good news is that after review with our management team we are happy to cancel this contract with no fees due.

As the connection had not gone through as yet we have pulled this back and the services will not transfer, there is no further action required on ___'s part to get this done.

Kind regards

Here are the addresses i sent it to

'support@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk' <support@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk>
    'kieran_searle@hotmail.co.uk' <kieran_searle@hotmail.co.uk>; 'minimackett@hotmail.co.uk' <minimackett@hotmail.co.uk>; 'chris.mackett@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk' <chris.mackett@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk>; 'jfinn-ford@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk' <jfinn-ford@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk>; 'elliot.micallef@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk' <elliot.micallef@prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk>

Good luck
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Unfortunately, your email has several errors (eg the Financial Ombudsman is not the the ADR for a DSAR, TCF was superceded etc etc)

But I'm glad you got the cancellation. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure