IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking News - JUDICIAL REVIEW - here we go again

Options

Comments

• Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 May 2021 at 4:09PM
    Options
    Further to my post above.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9548993/Nearly-Britains-50-biggest-firms-planning-hybrid-model.html

"Carmaggedon", I don't think so. The Government has green targets and is committed to increasing public transport in order to meet those targets. The cost of electric cars also means that families are more likely to share a car.   

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hmmm...just stumbled on an article from June...how did we miss this?

Anyway - the private parking sector's desperate bid for a Judicial Review, has reportedly failed.

Can anyone see the whole article and reproduce it here please?
    Hmmm seems you have to subscribe to Parking Review in order to read the complete article.  Maybe there are posters who already subscribe and would like to or be able to, accede to @Coupon-mad's request.
  • AnotherForumite
    Options
    It was a very short article (see only 54% left to view). The remainder basically said that the Supreme Court had rejected the application as no final decision had been made for them to review yet.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 July 2021 at 11:28AM
    Options
    I picked a random tweet from that trasportxtra article. I suggest everyone bookmarks this link.

The International Parking Community (IPC) on Twitter: 

@_TheIPC's mantra is that no motorist should be marginalised - or humiliated! (See news article below)

Well I agree with the above, so when are the PPCs going to introduce them, and when are they going to apply it to themselves? 
    ANPR gets it wrong, and as we have seen from bargepole's recent thread, parking companies get it wrong when they can't read their operative's handwriting.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 July 2021 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Here's another one from the IPC.

Much of the work of private #parking industry is dedicated to protecting rights of private #landowners from nuisance parking & protect residents' or tenants' rights to park in facilities they have already paid for. This became even more important during #LockDown. #fridaymorning
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Aberaeron - looking at Google Maps, it's just 14 miles away from Llangrannog Beach, seems both the public and private sector are using people-unfriendly P&D machines - with consequences for penalties.  Local councillors can hardly point the finger at OPS as they have been doing!  

Sauce for both the goose and gander here methinks.  Heave to the trough.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Whilst I was looking for anything on this "the private parking sector's desperate bid for a Judicial Review, has reportedly failed" I came across something which may be useful to sadwithoutmynelson's case. I will post details on their thread.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure