IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking News - JUDICIAL REVIEW - here we go again

Options

Comments

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 April 2022 at 3:22PM
    Options
    I personally think that men and women are equal.   That JR would have cost the government a fortune if they lost.

With the parking industry, it's private and self financed and the new code of practice was to stop "Scam Paradise" ?

There is enough evidence of the scam over the last 10 years and it is the duty of government to protect the public and a JR might well open up another can of worms against the parking industry
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It would appear to be more about the process than the content. If anyone was trying to circumvent the process it was the PPC's.

It sounds as if it could be just a delaying tactic.   

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    At 2:07

Q - Anonymous Attendee: "Does the BPA have pockets deep enough to fund a Judicial Review?

A - Steve Clark: "No it doesn't".

Oh dear.  Gofundme page anyone? 😄
    I watched some of the Back to 60 Judicial Review and it went on for a number of days with several judges each day. Both parties had teams of legals led by some high profile QC's. It must have cost a fortune. Back to 60 lost and were refused an appeal. They crowd funded for the JR and wanted full reparation which they were very unlikely to achieve.

If a JR is allowed for the new CoP it could backfire if the claim is determined to become a debt after court stage.

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 10 April 2022 at 3:45PM
    Options
    I guess they had to put on this show to placate their members who are clearly scared stiif of the future

I thought the opening speech by DCBL was "much ado about nothing" and somewhat typical of the parking industry as a whole

If the debt collectors still want to make money, they can charge the PPC

It was rubbish to say that without debt collectors it would go straight to court ? Have they forgotten about PAP ?  The letter before claim from a legal is in itself a debt letter which of course in the future will not include the fake add-on.

Chasing up a £50 charge is not worthwhile . The Scottish court system should be adopted with a minimum claim value

Mr Clark made me laugh by saying that if a car park charged £100 a day then the motorist could abuse this by just paying the reduced £25.
    I don't know what planet these people came from but as they realise that government is serious, they should return knowing they failed

We currently have a government in crisis who need voters to support them so will they support the many millions of motorists or an industry known for it's scamming ?   The voter comes first.

The BPA can continue bleeting away but they have already failed. This is totally their own fault and doing

• Snakes_Belly
    Options
    The passing of the bill that started the ball rolling was not a contentious issue in Parliament. There was 100% cross party support for the bill. 

Would they have to throw money at a JR before they are allowed to have a hearing?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure