We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Matalan Clearance Store

Options

Comments

• purrrcat
    purrrcat Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    I was in the Matalan Clearance store today. All stock is £3.00 or less until Sunday when they revert back to half price stock again.

Lots of mens T shirts, shirts, jeans, loads of kids wear and some gorgeous womens smalls.

Get down there before Sunday if you fancy a bargain.
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    We were there today and the assistant said that it hadn't been that busy because of the pricing structure change i.e half price!!
    She also said that she thought they would revert back to the previous pricing structures i.e under £3
    The sooner the better I say!!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • angelcake
    angelcake Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    Options
    Any in the south West???
    :p:p Angel :p:p
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if they have started doing the £2-£3 days again? As the last time I was down everything was just 1/2 price, no real bargains!!

TIA :p
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • AuctionMan_2
    AuctionMan_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Matalan used to do what they called 3-2-1, ie. it went to £3 then after a while it went to £2 and so on. However they have stopped this practice of simply blanket reducing all stock and are mainly doing the 50% reduction policy.

They still do reduce to £3 and below when they really want to clear the decks of a stock position that hasn't cleared using the 50% process, what you do tend to find is that the majority of the good bargains get taken by staff though...my wife is a manager at one store and recently we got a set of acrilic tables (£3), large polycarbonate suitcase (£3), 12 pairs of Adidas Trainers (£1 each - straight on Ebay :D ).

Reference clearance stores, they are relooking at this and they are also developing a terminal stock management process whereby terminal stock (old 50% and £3 and below stock) will be removed from individual stores and sent to 4 (my wife believes) NEW clearance stores (still not fully decided which they are to be).

HTH
    EBay is the holy grail of Auction Sites, use it to clear your unwanted items and generate you some income to spend on whatever you want. Just don't get addicted like me :)

20p Savers Club = £36.00 :j 1p, 2p & 5P TIN = £10.89 :T
  • purrrcat
    Options
    Just a quick update on the Matalan clearance store.

I heard from one of the staff that prices are going down to 75% off from tomorrow (Monday)

Will be heading down there myself Tuesday, so will confirm ASAP.

:)
  • purrrcat
    Options
    Just been down for a look. Nothing advertised as 75% off but bought a couple of itms, boots marked at £10 and a top marked at £10. Charged £4.50 at checkout, so appears to be 75% (ish)

Lots of summer tops, shorts, swimwear. Gents trousers, shorts, t shirts. Mostly Matalan own brands, but I did see Falmer and adidas kidswear.

Definately worth a peek.
  • purrrcat
    Options
    Get yourselves down to the clearance store if you are in the area. I was in today they are selling ladies skirts, jeans, jackets, knitwear and trousers at £1.00 per item. Some Lee Cooper and Falmers included.

Not sure how long the sale is on for but great value anyway.

Good Luck!!
  • Ialwaysgetdone
    Options
    There is a Matalan clearance at the Gateshead Metro Centre. It's not actually inside the Metro Centre as such but at the retail park just across from the yellow sector car park. You can actually park in the yellow sector car park at the metro centre and and walk under the bridge to the retail park, it's only about 50 - 100 yards.
    I was there a couple of weeks back and it was 70% off that particular day. Polo shirts £2.50 and denim shirts £3 etc. It is different to regular matalan shops in that it closes at 5pm.
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    Does anyone know if a Glasgow First Day bus ticket can be used to get to the Renfrew clearance shop?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport