No Access to II interactive Investor accounts

Options
I have Trading, ISA and SIPP accounts with II. And now I cannot login at all and have received no feedback via any communication channel for over 1 week. I have no idea if the accounts are hacked, stolen or deleted. Repeated calls to II have received no resolution. At the moment I am screwed with no access to any of my investments. !!!!!! am I supposed to do?

Comments

• NROSE_2
    NROSE_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get the feeling something horrible has happened and I have been scammed by II. I would advise people to move from this shoddy looking outfit. Very unprofessional and I got the recommendation from this site.
  • NROSE_2
    Options
    I know the entire UK financial services industry is basically a gigantic Ponzi like scam but at the moment II have stolen all my money, or they may as well have, and I have no recourse to anyone.

And to make matters worse this appalling company is still recommended by Moneysavingexpert. Didn't know Mr Lewis is happy to support companies carrying out scams
  • Sorcerer2018
    Options
    II is one of the largest fund providers in the country i doubt any horrible thing has happened , as it would be all over the financial press by now. However i will agree that their customer service is crap (speaking from experience) . Try their twitter page maybe.
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I get the feeling something horrible has happened and I have been scammed by II.

This seems very very unlikely 

Didn't know Mr Lewis is happy to support companies carrying out scams

He does not 

It's clearly a technical glitch , made worse by poor customer service .

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    NROSE_2 said:
    I have Trading, ISA and SIPP accounts with II. And now I cannot login at all and have received no feedback via any communication channel for over 1 week. I have no idea if the accounts are hacked, stolen or deleted. Repeated calls to II have received no resolution. At the moment I am screwed with no access to any of my investments. !!!!!! am I supposed to do?
    NROSE_2 said:
    I get the feeling something horrible has happened and I have been scammed by II. I would advise people to move from this shoddy looking outfit. Very unprofessional and I got the recommendation from this site.
    NROSE_2 said:
    I know the entire UK financial services industry is basically a gigantic Ponzi like scam but at the moment II have stolen all my money, or they may as well have, and I have no recourse to anyone.

And to make matters worse this appalling company is still recommended by Moneysavingexpert. Didn't know Mr Lewis is happy to support companies carrying out scams
    While it must be frustrating, there's no point in launching off into wild speculation and unfounded extrapolation all the way up to scams and an entire industry being corrupt.  Assuming your actual question wasn't rhetorical, just keep plugging away at them and they'll answer you, and you can come back and update us about the reality rather than all of the above nonsense....
  • EthicsGradient
    Options
    Have you written down what has happened in the calls (when they were, how long you waited, what the people you did manage to talk to said, etc.). If they're not fixing the problem, you'll want all this for an official complaint (plus any emails you sent). It won't, of course, be a "scam", but it could be awful customer service about a problem with your login that they're not properly explaining or fixing.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have logged into II with no problems at all.  What are the symptoms?  Is it just that it is not recognisng your password?
  • NROSE_2
    Options
    I have tweeted a few disparaging tweets. Apparently one of their Senior Execs will be on Talk Radio today. I have replied that their customer service is terrible. Would be good if others could chip in
  • NROSE_2
    Options
    Please Comment if you have had problems with Interactive Investor. I have been dubious about their poor service and flaky unprofessional looking Web site for a while. Am I the only questioning whether they are safe to have my SIPP, ISA and Trading account with them? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback