IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Government CoP/CoE update.

Options
Fruitcake
Fruitcake Posts: 58,456 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
edited 22 March 2021 at 11:50AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Please see the link posted by blackdog further down this thread.

It seems we are going to have to wait another year before it will be implemented.

Charges to be reduced to £50 outside London with a 50% discount for early payment. Charges in London to be £80.

Charges in residential areas to be £100. That may help combat fly-parking, but won't help genuine residents.

I married my cousin. I had to...
I don't have a sister. :D
All my screwdrivers are cordless.
"You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks

Comments

• Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    "The £100 charge may be retained in residential areas. Good to deter fly parkers, but that doesn't protect genuine residents."

That is bad news for residents unless there is something in the tier system than covers residents parking in their own spot. Perhaps if they have a lease then it will just be a small admin fee. 

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    An article in the Times online, littered with the word penalty, showing a picture of a windscreen council penalty notice, has been published stating that the new PAS won't be introduced until next year. 

I won't post a link as the site takes ages to load all the pop-ups.

It does have some good-ish news in that the maximum charge outside London will be £50 with a 50% discount for early payment. In London it will be £80. Whether this is based on a suggestion in the consultation, or is hard fact remains to be seen.

The £100 charge may be retained in residential areas. Good to deter fly parkers, but that doesn't protect genuine residents.

It quotes lies from PoPLA who say mitigating circumstances are considered in an appeal.

So, it's going to be business as usual here for some time to come.
    remove the times from the equation , updated yesterday or whatever https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/parking-code-enforcement-framework

Thanks. I've edited the title and my OP accordingly, and referred to your post above with the link.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 22 March 2021 at 11:55AM
    Options
    I note that it is now being referred to as a Code of EnforcementB)
    I also liked the comment about the number of "Unique" responses to the consultation.   :D

Me thinks the scammer's war-posting, copy-and-plaster technique has been spotted and acted upon.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2021 at 12:01PM
    Options
    This is news, in fact it is all news, but I am reading through and saw this:
    46. Outside of London, we will mirror Local Authority Band 2 for the majority of private car parking spaces: car parks where parking is invited, either to any member of the public or to customers of public-facing business e.g. supermarkets or shopping centres. On these types of land, more serious breaches of the terms and conditions can incur a parking charge of up to £70 and less serious breaches up to £50.

48. The exceptions outside of London are on land where parking is not invited or is restricted (often through the use of permits) to specific groups, for example private residents or staff. In these cases, the current £100 cap will apply. This is in recognition that these types of land have no direct analogue in the Local Authority system and of the importance of balancing the rights of motorists with those of private landowners.

51. In recognition of respondents’ views that any system should protect Blue Badge holders, parking in a Blue Badge bay when not eligible to will attract the higher charge in London of £130. Outside of London, abuse of a Blue Badge will not be reduced to £70 but will instead remain at the current £100 to provide a strong deterrent.

50% discount appears to have been confirmed across the board.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Snakes_Belly
    edited 22 March 2021 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Spring 2021: Pre-market engagement for single appeals service.
    How will this work? Will they put it out to tender? They need to drain the swamp.

Needs to be judgmental decisions not box ticking.

• Snakes_Belly
    edited 22 March 2021 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Most infringements will be £25.00 if paid within a given time. I think that this will see off some of the clingons.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2021 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Spring 2021: Pre-market engagement for single appeals service.
    How will this work? Will they put it out to tender? They need to drain the swamp.
    Looks like it will have to go out to tender, based on that wording.  Makes sense that it needs a tender process.

As long as those behind POPLA and the IAS get no sniff at running it, and as long as the single appeals service is run by legally minded, fair and robust people and made available not just for a 28 day window but right through to court claim filing day (and proclaimed prominently as an ADR option on any LBC) then we could be getting somewhere in terms of draining that swamp.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure