Keyword blocker message

When trying to reply to a thread in 'Credit cards' tonight - I kept getting a message flash up reference a keyword blocker. When I posted a message of 'test test.' it went through ok. I can't see any naughty words there in my reply? What was I doing wrong?

An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2021 at 8:27AM
    That looks more like an error in the keywordblocker php script. It can't handle something and is generating an error. It doesn't mean there is a keyword it doesn't like.

ETA
    I see somebody else is having a similar issue on another thread
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6240018/parcel-force-compensation-claim#latest
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2021 at 1:11PM
    I had this earlier too.

No naughtiness... although I was trying to use the word...

Edit..Ooh it still didn't like it...the word was.   
    c h e a p
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes - I can't post the word c h e a p either! Although that word wasn't in my original post.There must be gremlins in the system somewhere.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That looks more like an error in the keywordblocker php script. It can't handle something and is generating an error. It doesn't mean there is a keyword it doesn't like.

ETA
    I see somebody else is having a similar issue on another thread
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6240018/parcel-force-compensation-claim#latest
    I looked at the other thread and the poster got around it by quoting something before trying to post the reply he wanted. Not ideal but a temporary fix while we wait for mse to sort it out. Anyone know how to report these things?
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    @maman I've reported it this morning and had a message back to say it's been passed on to the relevant team. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tencharacters
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,907 Forumite
    It's happening to me. I'm struggling replying to posts.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    It's happening to me. I'm struggling replying to posts.
    If that continues you’ll have to rename yourself MovingBackwards. 

Are you using the word c h e a p? 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Happened to me this morning as well, I wasn’t using the word cheap 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2021 at 11:08PM
    When trying to reply to a thread in 'Credit cards' tonight - I kept getting a message flash up reference a keyword blocker. When I posted a message of 'test test.' it went through ok. I can't see any naughty words there in my reply? What was I doing wrong?
    The bad word in your attempted post was P H O N E, but you are allowed the word telephone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback