No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2021

117 replies 4.1K views

Replies

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 more UUS
    John Frida conditioner. I cut this open and used what was left as a mask. I have bought a bottle of Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner today as the JF one is not cruelty free.
    LUSH Snow Fairy. This was a small bottle that I have been using in the bath. Not a big fan of the fragrance, really.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • savingfortomorrowsavingfortomorrow Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    used up vichy micelluar water
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Philosophy Butter Rum Cake Shower Gel 480ml - finished the last of this off as bubble bath.

Philosophy Amazing Grace Whipped Body Lotion - pleasant to use but not as moisturising as the regular lotions they do.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi borollan, yes please join us. 
    I have a TA today.  Was going to paint my nails with OPI Got a Date To Knight which is a very old barbie pink colour.  Had to melt gunk from around the neck of the bottle to open it and then managed to smudge it before it dried as it's old formula.  Have other pink colours so out it goes.  Wearing Zoya Tasha instead.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    borollan said:
    May I play please

Dreadful amount of stuff, minis from those beauty boxes, impulse buys before Rona and full size GWPs, I have put a mascara and lippy in every handbag I own and thats tidied the makeup (dont wear much) but the other stuff is ridiculous. I hadput up bathroom shelving and filled the shelves with some of it ... they fell off the wall in the night and the heavy bottles have chipped our sink and smashed the loo 🤯. My normally indulgent husband has had a few choice words on this. 
    Welcome.

What is 'Rona'?

• savingfortomorrowsavingfortomorrow Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Rona = carona (time way long ago when you could see neighbours smile and could gather together- feels like years ago)

I remember when the wardrobe collapsed I knew I had too much stuff. 

The first rule of over shopping cosmetics heavy stuff on the floor or bottom shelf.
     We all here have had bruised toes from stuff falling from a height.   ;)

5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel 480ml - plenty more of this scent in the stash.  Have replaced it with a smaller size Living Grace for now.