No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2021

117 replies 4.2K views

Replies

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    maddiemay said:
    Hi everyone I've not been on here for quite a few months, life in MM towers and with the wider family has been pretty awful, even without taking Covid-19 into account, but I need some structure in my life for this new round of shielding and would like to join in again please.  The one good thing is that so far all my family including 6 shielding have remained well so far.
    2020 ended up with at least 66 UU, 37 IN, GA2 and lost count of TA as I cleared out quite a few really ancient products such as SPF and tanning body lotions.
    I will be making a proper PP list for January in the next day or two and am trying to get back to looking after my skin properly and wearing make up more.

It's good to hear from you maddiemay.  I want to make more of an effort this year not to buy any makeup and unsubscribed from every retail email at the beginning of the year.  When I need something I'll go looking for the "bargains".  Take care and keep posting xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back maddiemay
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • ponypalponypal Forumite
    394 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hello maddiemay, hope all is well! Take good care!

Okay so my Lush order came in. I had a £30 gift card and all of this was mostly covered by that, but I also got reeled in by the valentines stuff, cos it's cute.
    IN Golden Wonder Bath Bomb
    IN Roasting Chestnuts on an Open Fire Shower Gel - not convinced I would have ordered this if I had been in the shop and given it a sniff but it is nice to get bougie shower gel half off, not going to lie.
    IN Snowman Dreaming Bath Bomb
    IN I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas Bath Bomb
    IN Tick-Tock Bath Bomb 
    IN Butterbear Bath Bomb
    IN Love Boat Bath Bomb 
    IN Heart Beat Bath Bomb
    IN Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar

I was in Poundland last weekend and got
    IN XHC Vegan Banana Conditioner - smells nice, is vegan and was a quid!
    also stocked up on more bar soap in the boots sale 
    IN Boots three pack soap 2 x peppermint 1 x winter caramel

This feels like a lot but hopefully I won't need anything else for a few months now.

Debt Free since December 2017
    #11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £6,000.00/£6,000.00
  • edited 17 January at 7:44PM
    London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    385 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 17 January at 7:44PM
    Ins:
    1 x  Clickresearch beauty foundation product tester - First impressions- it is too runny and transferred on my disposable mask. However, it melts nicely in to skin.  I think the brand is hoping to compete against Fenty with more inclusive shades, curious to know which one.  Also expecting a heat protection serum that will come in useful as I've bought a Revlon one step brush that produces a lot of heat. Also, think I need to control spending on hair styling items as I seem to be amassing hair straighteners, hair dryers, detanglers etc.

1 x La Roche Posay Cicapast baume
    - Suffering from winter skin

1 x Inkey list  Polyglutamic Acid Serum 30ml - Ditto above - Seems to be the influencers' darling product at the moment. Also want to see how it compares to The Ordinary.

1 x Perfumer's Choice Sofia sample
     - Disappointing that it is encased in a plastic card for aesthetics.

6 x Oral b 3D white toothpaste 
    - Superdrug glitch

3 x Oral B satin tape

UUs:
    It's Skin Hyualuronic acid moisturiser - WMBA. Hyaluronic seems to be in everything nowadays and I don't think it's amazing. Only works well on damp skin, which I only found out whilst googling.

Fyne Grey hair cover up - WBA, blends nicely in hair with good coverage. Purchased two more.

Cotton tree Petroleum jelly - Another one in stash

Oral b satin tape

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:
    PP List update

The Ordinary Rose Hip oil  
    Liz Eerle Skin Repair - TUBE IS CUT OPEN
    First Aid Beauty cleanser - DONE
    The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream - TUBE CUT OPEN
    Balance Ne PHA spray - DONE
    Skin Sense Retinol eye cream - can't tell how much is left
    Skin Sense day cream - again, can't tell how much is left
    Skin Sense overnight mask - feeling very light
    E45 cream - haven’t used. Think I need to return it home.
    Ultrasun lip balm - must try harder
    Liz Earle moisturiser DONE. Replaced with new one. 
    I still don't know how much product is left in any of the Skinsense products.
    Have worn tge lip balm more but not the E45 cream. It needs to come back home. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • edited 16 January at 9:10PM
    sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 16 January at 9:10PM
    Three UUs from the past few days:

Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum 80ml - WBA but not at the moment. This is a LHJ. This lasts for ages. My skin reacts really well to this and feels soft and moisturised. 

Oral B Satin Tape 25m - WDBA and will do soon. Cheap and effective.

Purito Comfy Water Sun Block SPF50+ 60ml - WNBA due to the false SPF claims. This was a lovely SPF but due to the false claim of being an SPF50 but it is only like SPF28, I will no longer use it. 
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello again, thanks for the welcome. PP and fist UU for January:-

PP list

Beauty Pie Hair Conditioner

Shampoo for blonde/grey hair

30ml Hydraluron Serum

50ml LRP Serozinc Spray HG

50ml Batiste Original

15ml Beauty Pie Eye Energy Eye Cream

100ml Hand Cream (decanted to dispenser for ease of use – forgotten which brnd)

UU

50 Zelens PHA Bio Peel Pads 1/1

3ody Shop Coconut Shower Cream 2/2

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • ponypalponypal Forumite
    394 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭

UU Barry M Gelly Shine Banana Split pleased with this, I enjoyed it but halfway through it did get a bit too gloopy which meant I often had to repaint it. One of my goals this year is to use up all my old Barry M nail polish so glad this is out but love the shade so would maybe repurchase it another time. 

Debt Free since December 2017
    #11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £6,000.00/£6,000.00
  • pinkfluffybabepinkfluffybabe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    One more UU today:
    Aveda Hand Repair. WBA. Right on to the next one in the stash.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2021 15/91 UU, 4 IN