117 replies 4.1K views

Replies

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 said:
    uu

Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 Foundation - this has been my preferred winter foundation for quite a few years but they have changed the formula now and by all accounts it is rubbish in comparison.  I have one bottle of the old formula left but for now I am moving onto the freebie MAC Studio Fix.
    I’m in a bit of a quandary with my foundation. I started using Benefit Hello Flawless before Christmas. It’s the right consistency and shade but not cruelty free. Feels like a faff thinking I’ll have to get samples of alternative foundations when this is gone.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM - it is crazy that beauty products are still being tested on animals in this day and age, we know the products and ingredients we use are safe so why does a new product with previously tested ingredients need to be tested?  Foundation is a pain I agree, even if you find the perfect formula and shade with a cruelty free brand they could discontinue it at any time and you have to start over again.

I've got three bottles of foundation left which should see me through quite a bit of this year and then I will be on the hunt for a cruelty free one.

I forgot to declare my in from yesterday.  I have been using facial oil both in the morning and evening but this cold spell is leaving my skin feeling a bit dry, I have a 15ml tube of Liz Earle Skin Repair which I've been using at night but that won't last very long.  I was buying Earl Grey tea in our local healthfood shop yesterday and whilst they were weighing it out I had a look at the skincare range they do which they make themselves.  It is all natural and cruelty free and apart from the lids it is plastic free and all very reasonably priced, I decided to give the Rose & Frankincense cream a go, I tried it last night and this morning, it smells beautiful and is quite a fluffy cream which melts onto the skin like a balm.  Time will tell how my skin gets on with it but for £8 (this was the most expensive one they did, the tea tree and lavendar versions were £4) I thought it was worth a go.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • pinkfluffybabepinkfluffybabe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    First UU of the new year: 

Medik8 calmwise serum. WBA. Straight onto next bottle. 
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2021 13/91 UU, 4 IN
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 said:
    VALM - it is crazy that beauty products are still being tested on animals in this day and age, we know the products and ingredients we use are safe so why does a new product with previously tested ingredients need to be tested?  Foundation is a pain I agree, even if you find the perfect formula and shade with a cruelty free brand they could discontinue it at any time and you have to start over again.

I've got three bottles of foundation left which should see me through quite a bit of this year and then I will be on the hunt for a cruelty free one.

I forgot to declare my in from yesterday.  I have been using facial oil both in the morning and evening but this cold spell is leaving my skin feeling a bit dry, I have a 15ml tube of Liz Earle Skin Repair which I've been using at night but that won't last very long.  I was buying Earl Grey tea in our local healthfood shop yesterday and whilst they were weighing it out I had a look at the skincare range they do which they make themselves.  It is all natural and cruelty free and apart from the lids it is plastic free and all very reasonably priced, I decided to give the Rose & Frankincense cream a go, I tried it last night and this morning, it smells beautiful and is quite a fluffy cream which melts onto the skin like a balm.  Time will tell how my skin gets on with it but for £8 (this was the most expensive one they did, the tea tree and lavendar versions were £4) I thought it was worth a go.
    I like to use Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue once the weather gets warmer and think that BM have released a new liquid foundation I The US so hopefully I’ll either be able to use the current one until I am ready for Complexion Rescue or the new one is released here.
    Your new cream sounds lovely. I’ve decided that I’m going to use the multiple tubes of overnight mask that I have as night cream. I do combine LE SR with The Ordinary Rosehip oil.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:
    Finish 5 by Spring

NARS Outlaw blush - finish. This is decanted into a small pot and being used as loose powder.
    Urban Decay Bathwater eyeshadow from the Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette (already have pan)
    Smashbox Full Exposure matte brown shadow (already have pan)
    Bare Minerals Warmth bronzer (sample size - came from advent calendar)
    Bare Minerals Swank lip lacquer (stopper it out but it seems to want to go forever). If I finish this early, I'll rotate another lip product in.
    So, I had a disaster this morning. I knocked the pot with the remains of my blush off the bathroom counter.  It was closed but the top managed to come off. I managed to get one application out of it. So the NARS Killing me Softly palette is done. It has taken 2 years. I feel I should bring another item in so will add the huge 1l or thereabouts bottle of Philosophy Pumpkin Icing shower gel.
    As Swank is done, I will rotate in an Avon lipgloss called Mulberry.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also UU my Elf putty primer. This was good and worked but I prefer a lotion consistency. I do have a Laura Geller Spackle that I rescued from Emma’s declutter to finish.
    i have ordered a tube of Liz Earle Skin Relief for £5 from Facebook.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • BetharooniBetharooni Forumite
    271 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    My first UU of 2021:

Pantene Smooth & Sleek Shampoo 75ml

B x
    Save £15K in 2021 #13 £ £0.00/£15,000 / £17,032.87 saved in 2020
    Make £2021 in 2021 #2 £0.00/£2.021 / £1,897.24 made in 2020
    Saving for House Deposit £7,845.96/£40,000
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund £1,153.71/£5,000
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Bobbi Brown Cream Blush in Powder Pink - finally I have finished this, I have decluttered this a few times and then rescued it at the eleventh hour, I did find a way to make it work for me and actually really enjoyed using it, it is the perfect tawny pink shade and I used it by putting a stripe of it under my cheekbones like cream contour then using a stipple brush to work it vertically up onto my cheekbone and this looked really good.

I have two other cream blushes in the stash but one of them is too intense on my cheeks, it is a Stila convertible and I plan to use it on my lips but I do find it a bit dry for that plus it will take about 10 years to finish.  For now I am going back to my The Balm Down Boy blush which I absolutely love and quite often get comments from people when I wear this about what lovely skin I have.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • pinkfluffybabepinkfluffybabe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two UU this morning: 
    Ren Rose Shower Gel. WBA. Have another in my stash. 
    Living Proof Colour Care shampoo. WBA. Am all set for shampoo just now but might buy in future. 
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2021 13/91 UU, 4 IN