County Court Business Centre

Replies

• edited 14 January at 5:26PM
    yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 14 January at 5:26PM
    Another question, I have written the following : 
    " The vehicle to which I am the Registered Keeper was at the time insured to be driven by two adults (see EVIDENCE D) I submit that the Claimant cannot provide such evidence to prove the driver of the vehicle they claim was involved in the alleged incident."

But I cannot find the evidence providing 2 adults are insured in my car policy and my insurance company has not replied to me yet. Would that be an issue? Can I still go ahead without that piece of evidence?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yl91 said:
    " The vehicle to of which I am the Registered Keeper was at the time insured to be driven by two adults (see EVIDENCE D) I submit that the Claimant cannot provide such evidence to prove the driver of the vehicle they claim was involved in the alleged incident."
    But I cannot find the evidence providing 2 adults are insured in my car policy and my insurance company has not replied to me yet. Would that be an issue? Can I still go ahead without that piece of evidence?
    Is that because the vehicle is not insured for two people or because it does not show your name and another named driver on your certificate of insurance?
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can simply provide a statement
    BY the way, thats a really horrible sentence
    Call it "the vehicle in question" or something. You dont need to keep saying RK of... as yo usay it once at teh start of the WS
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Le_Kirk said:
    yl91 said:
    " The vehicle to of which I am the Registered Keeper was at the time insured to be driven by two adults (see EVIDENCE D) I submit that the Claimant cannot provide such evidence to prove the driver of the vehicle they claim was involved in the alleged incident."
    Is that because the vehicle is not insured for two people or because it does not show your name and another named driver on your certificate of insurance?
    As in I am unable to find anything on my insurance in 2018 of when the conviction took place, since i've moved house i lost the letters and I haven't got any emails on my insurance. 
    So im not sure if I could just write the statement without proof of evidence
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just assert it as the truth.  You are the only true witness at this hearing and the Judge can decide if they think you are an honest witness (which you are).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    13K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You HAVe evidence. Your WS IS evidence. 
    It is just far better if you can support it. 
    Did you change company? Do you recall who you were insured with? Because if you call them they can give you a copy 

• yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Hi everyone,

So the court returned all my documents and cheque of £255 and Judgment is cancelled (yay!) because I have paid the £283 claim within the 1 month period.

What would be my next step be? Does that mean I cannot appeal now and get my £283 back ? 

Many thanks!
    13K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were never appealing. Wrong term. 
    Did they state "judgement is cancelled"? BEcause that means that no judgement occurred. From context, I dont think you meant that. 
    Maybe show us the letter / order you got, so we're not guessing based on wording
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Your OH (NOT YOU) could send a LBC to Walton Wilkins's firm and then file a claim against them (NOT TO DCBLegal, obviously). 

A Claim would cost £25 or £35 in fees, something like that, by using MCOL.  No guarantee the claim would win because your OH would be claiming for a loss that was partly caused by you failing to update the V5C...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Sorry for the confusion I am the OP's OH, using my partner's account to write this post...

No description availableNo description available

So these are the letters I have received that were sent to my home.

But today my parents notified me I have a letter (which has been redirected from OLD address)

No description available
    I dont understand..I paid £283 on 4th January, even a confirmation email from them to say they received the payment but the next day they send me this with a fee thats £90 more???