County Court Business Centre

Replies

• 1505grandad1505grandad Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking  -  is (this) correct?:-

3.6   "A parking charge which the (BPA Code of Practice) sets, would not expect the amount to be more than £100."

• yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker

3.6   "A parking charge which the (BPA Code of Practice) sets, would not expect the amount to be more than £100."

20.5 If the parking charge that the driver is being asked to pay is for a breach of contract or act of trespass, this charge must be proportionate and commercially justifiable. We would not expect this amount to be more than £100. If the charge is more than this, operators must be able to justify the amount in advance.

Which I found of their website-
    https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_January_2020_v8(2).pdf

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yl91 said:

20.5 If the parking charge that the driver is being asked to pay is for a breach of contract or act of trespass, this charge must be proportionate and commercially justifiable. We would not expect this amount to be more than £100. If the charge is more than this, operators must be able to justify the amount in advance.

Which I found of their website-
    https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_January_2020_v8(2).pdf

If the parking event took place in 2017, then a BPA 2020 Code of Practice is not applicable. 

But, in any event, WW, t/a PPL is an IPC AOS member. Whether he was an IPC member then or a BPA member (I think he was a late transferee), you'll need to research, then quote from the CoP relevant to the correct ATA and the one in play at the time of the parking event. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon WW has been with the IPC for a good few years.  No idea why someone would look at the BPA website about an IPC firm.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 1505grandad1505grandad Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Lifted from a post on the forum dated  6.1.17:-

"one man band , well known on here and other sites , ex clamper , joined the IPC late last year

Walton Wilkins (Trading As Premier Parking Logistics)

21/10/2016
    Walton Wilkins T/A Premier Parking Logistics

now he is in the IPC ,I suspect he will use gladstones and the courts"

Therefore if parking event was on or after 21.10.2016 the IPC CoP applies.
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Thanks everyone for the input! I have just made amendments 

I have also just received my SAR and it included no photo evidence, just when and the street the car was parked. Reason being no ticket

Also, for the draft order, 2. The defendant dhall file and serve its defence by XX on XX
    3. the claimant shall file and serve its defence by XX on XX
    Is there a specific time frame to put in?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    14.8K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if that is a draft order for the judge for a set-aside case then you just leave it as XX/XX/XXXX and the judge will fill in the dates.  Is it now a six-point draft order?
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    I sent an email to CCBC last week informing the payment has been made and to confirm CCJ has not been added onto the credit report and I also forwarded the receipt of the payment

I also emailed to DCBL to ask them to confirm to the court and CCJ has been settled in full and got a reply "The matter has been passed for enforcement to DCBL"

Today I just received an email from CCBC saying:
    "To mark judgment as paid on the Courts record we can only accept proof of settlement  from the Claimant or their solicitors."
    So if the receipt was not a good enough proof and DCBL hasn't confirmed  they received payment could you assist me what else I can do or what my next step will be?

Thank you

• edited 12 January at 8:05PM
    yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    edited 12 January at 8:05PM
    I have also requested a SAR from DCBL and also DPO of Walton Willkins but only received a reply from DCBL(no photo evidence).

Would it be the same? Or would I need to wait for the one from DPO?

EDIT: Is it worth stating in my defence the lack of evidence/info they have provided in the SAR? It just states the location and the day it was parked on the private land.
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell ccbc to provide proof to the court ASAP.