County Court Business Centre

Replies

• nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op - as you've been told, make sure THE DEFENDANT files the defence. That deadline cannot be missed.  Gathering documents may take longer than the deadline, and so, guess what - they don't matter for this stage. As you know from the newbies thread, the stage you supply documents at is the WS stage, muuuuuuuch further down the line. 
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Redx said:
    yl91 said:
    D_P_Dance said:
    Have you read the newbies?  Have you complained to your MP?  Have you complained to the landowner?  Have you read anything about this scam elsewhere?

You have been co-opted into a game with rules more complicated than those of Rugby Union, you have to learn them in order to take part.
    I had written to the MP in a previous matter and she wasnt very helpful. Basically just apologised because she couldnt do anything. I have not contacted the landowner as of yet though.
    You are not the one contacting the landowner or MP , it's your OH that should be doing it !
    I, my currently also going through a penalty charge notice. I've wrote to our local MP regarding this. She wrote to ECP and theyve told her the amount is due. That was her reply to me which wasnt helpful at all.
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Hey guys, my OH is in a bit of a pickle. 
    Shes showed me the letter and its a "Judgement for claimant" not a "claim form".
    The only other she has had apart from this was dated back in Oct by DCBLegal asking her to pay the outstanding fine. 

13K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the claim form was never received?
    They MUST ACT
    What is the date of the judgement? EXACT date
    If you are within teh period to pay it, usually 1 month but might be shorter, pay it if at all possible.
    This will ensure you do not get a recorded CCJ. 
    Then you can go about set aside of the judgement. 
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yl91 said:
    Redx said:
    yl91 said:
    D_P_Dance said:
    Have you read the newbies?  Have you complained to your MP?  Have you complained to the landowner?  Have you read anything about this scam elsewhere?

You have been co-opted into a game with rules more complicated than those of Rugby Union, you have to learn them in order to take part.
    I had written to the MP in a previous matter and she wasnt very helpful. Basically just apologised because she couldnt do anything. I have not contacted the landowner as of yet though.
    You are not the one contacting the landowner or MP , it's your OH that should be doing it !
    I, my currently also going through a penalty charge notice. I've wrote written to our local MP regarding this. She wrote to ECP and theyve told her the amount is due. That was her reply to me which wasnt helpful at all.
    Are you sure it is a penalty charge notice?  If so, it is either a council one or it is a railway property one.  Might it just be a parking charge notice?
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    So the claim form was never received?
    They MUST ACT
    What is the date of the judgement? EXACT date
    If you are within teh period to pay it, usually 1 month but might be shorter, pay it if at all possible.
    This will ensure you do not get a recorded CCJ. 
    Then you can go about set aside of the judgement. 
    We received a letter from DCBLegal on OCT 2019. This was sent to my OHs old address.(Which is Unoccupied now) 
    The next letter we received was from County Court which I assumed was the "claim form" so assumed we had 14 days to file AoS.

All these letters was forwarded via a photo so we never received any letters but the above was fowarded to us. 

We never received the "claim form".

I cannot find the date of judgment, it is just dated on 14th December 2020.

We dont even know where this took place still up until this point 
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    26.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yl91 said:

Yes you do. It took place at the County Court Business Centre.

13K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That tells you the danger of assuming. You didnt actually read it! 
    That means you have wasted days. 
    If the Judgement is dated 14/12 i would take it that you need to pay today, as it should allow one month for payment . But you havent bothered to attach it for us to read, nor given the full text so we can know and not guess. 
    Do you understand that, as of now, there is a CCJ and you must now work out how to get this set aside?!
    Where it took place is, currently, of no damned use to you. You are past that point .
    Have you told the PPC your new address yet? Because you really need to do so at some point. 
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    26.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within ten minutes of starting this thread you were asked to clarify your opening post...
    KeithP said:
    Are you really saying that your OH has received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton?

Your response was...
    yl91 said:
    Yes we received a claim form from the county court.

We can only work with the information given.

• yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    KeithP said:
    yl91 said:

Yes you do. It took place at the County Court Business Centre.

When I said where this took place i meant up until this point, we still dont know where this contravention took place.nosferatu1001 said:
    That tells you the danger of assuming. You didnt actually read it! 
    That means you have wasted days. 
    If the Judgement is dated 14/12 i would take it that you need to pay today, as it should allow one month for payment . But you havent bothered to attach it for us to read, nor given the full text so we can know and not guess. 
    Do you understand that, as of now, there is a CCJ and you must now work out how to get this set aside?!
    Where it took place is, currently, of no damned use to you. You are past that point .
    Have you told the PPC your new address yet? Because you really need to do so at some point. 
    Yeah, this is all on me. I was only shown a photo of the letter. I always thought this was the first letter from court and it was a "claim form". I will upload the photo of what I have. In the meantime I will ask my OH to pay the amount due.

We have not been in contact with the PPC yet. Is it worth asking them about the details of the contravention?KeithP said:
    Within ten minutes of starting this thread you were asked to clarify your opening post...
    KeithP said:
    Are you really saying that your OH has received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton?

Your response was...
    yl91 said:
    Yes we received a claim form from the county court.

We can only work with the information given.

Apologies, this is totally on me. I shouldve been alot more clearer.