We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Powers’s mortgage free thread

1…2627293132…57

Comments

  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    🥳 mortgage starts £108 🤩🤩🤩
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Great progress on the exercise and the mortgage.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 6,696
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I was mostly distracted by the apples and lemons scoring system (😀), but sorry to hear about the wobbles. Well done on getting the session booked to chat it through though, and good luck with the big opportunity x
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

    Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks SC! I think I should use the apples and lemons in work presentations 😂 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I loved apples  and 🍋 scoring to as well as the pile of x.

    Counseling sounds a great call. It's helping stay steady.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    thanks thanks SH, I’ve had counselling several times and it doesn’t work if I’m really struggling/depressed so I made a plan years ago that I’d start it whenever I felt a bit wobbly. Im really lucky to be able to access sessions through work. 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes that's why I'm currently maintaining mine. I have so much going on trying not to slip back down 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    A good weekend mostly. I did some volunteering yesterday which was good to be back to in real life but I found a bit whelming and that I’ve lost some of my confidence. I felt a bit rubbish about it yesterday but t has helped talk me round. 

    Then jnr parkrun this morning and spent some time with big lad. Rest of the day has been spent in the garden, T demolished the crumbling bbq and I’ve absorbed the space into my big flower bed. Planted some rhubarb crowns as well 😋 

    money news - breakdown cover paid for the year. I’m not used to paying for a decent package so it wasn’t in my budget- pulled it out of the new car pot. Spent £12 at cafe this morning and about £12 on volunteer costs that I probably won’t claim back. Also made some charity donations towards the situation in Ukraine. 

    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sounds productive. Hope you have some fun things planned for this weekend.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.