We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Powers’s mortgage free thread

1…2526283031…57

Comments

  • So transferred £50 out of the holiday pot to me and £100 out of the house pot to the joint as that had stood the cost of the roof!!

    we’ve stocked up on meat which will last us months in the freezer, all from local butcher and we got them to hold back on the plastic trays 🙂

    Other minor money saving, I’ve cut our printer subscription by £1, it’s now 99p a month. I do believe the printer has become self aware as it’s changed it’s name to Ian on the network 😂 

    just pottering about today before back to work (from home) tomorrow 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Gotta love a self aware printer. Love the photo and the recouping of £ from various pots.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • Quick pay day shuffle 
    £50 OP- I’d offered this to OH for fuel when we went to the lakes but he said to OP instead 

    £150 to savings- I’ve started a new pot called “other” and allocated £100 to it - hoping that can cover random purchases, clothes etc that normally mess up my spends. I’d prefer a bit of flexibility rather than multitudes of pots. The other £50 has gone into the house pot. 

    I’m overdue an update but that’s enough for now😃
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done on the OP and having a stress free dipping pot
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • Well done on the OP and having a stress free dipping pot
    Yes hopefully it will help!

    A bit of a boring weekend, T has got covid. I didn’t when I tested on Friday and I feel fine but I’m hanging round at home too. Luckily the weather is on our side so I’ve been pottering in the garden. Need to finish our wedding photo book and maybe do some baking today. 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    OP £625 for March. Our regular repayment has been reduced by £25 so I’ve added it to the overpayment. Remedying it means phoning them which I am putting off. Our fix is up in July for the first part of the mortgage, we can fix again in a month I think. Fingers crossed rates aren’t too stupid by then! 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • kaycastle
    kaycastle Posts: 450
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I finally got out for some gardening pottering too - while wearing the baby of course! What garden bits did you do? I sowed some veg - we've had a lot of storm damage that we need to sort out still

    Fingers crossed on rates - I'm still fixed until 2024 thankfully

    Mortgage free diary: A new chapter for Kaycastle
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done on OP
     
    Hope you are both covid free soon.

    Good luck with the fix
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I’ve put some veg seeds under glass. We’ve cleared an area for a veg patch but need some topsoil to fill it. The old owners had 2 compost bins and a heap around them so I’ve been digging about in that to try and sort it out, some is good and gone back in the bin, some is practically turning into rock so I’ve barrowed that into the hole- saved going to the gym 😂 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,412
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done on OP
     
    Hope you are both covid free soon.

    Good luck with the fix
    Everyone testing negative now! Boys back at school but T and I being cautious  for a few more days. Hopefully I don’t get it! 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
    MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
    MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £1000
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.