We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Powers’s mortgage free thread
Comments
-
That's amazing @powerspowers well done!powerspowers said:Woohoo I got the job!! So pay rise from next month, a permanent contract (I’ve been on secondment for years) and less of what I don’t like at work and more of what I do 😃
3 -
The 8th was not a NSD- -paid the deposit for work Christmas do, now need to wrestle money out of people. Also bought a small wreath to go on front door £8 - I’ve never had one before as wouldn’t have lasted til Christmas in the old neighbourhood without someone messing with it.Working from home today which is a relief. I’ve found the last few weeks really stressful and am hugely overstimulated with work stuff constantly rattling around my head. I just want to do my own job!MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
MFW 2022 #27 £5,300
MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £10001 -
Hope things settle down for you soonAchieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20280 -
Spending has been very food oriented the last few days! McDs on Wednesday night £5 and Xmas lunch yesterday £22.I’m away this weekend so I expect more food related spending! We are going out tomorrow night but self catering the rest of the weekend. I paid for the cottage pre-pandemic so not counting that as a spend!Off today, trying to get my brain to slow down a little and relax and definitely not think about work!!! Have a good weekend wannabes xMFW 2021 #76 £5,145
MFW 2022 #27 £5,300
MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £10000 -
How lovely to have a few nights a way. Have a fun time!Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20281 -
It was lovely thanks S.H! I’ve been feeling rather antisocial the last few months so it helped. Lots of chatting, relaxing and a walk yesterday.Reasonably low spend few days
£4.50 for 2 cushions from charity shop
£22 dinner last night
£25 contribution to food for the weekend.No spends on alcohol as I raided the cupboard, although the combination of different drinks + hot tub did not go too well, whoops 😅
T picked me up early today and we’ve been to his sisters in York, the weather up there was really nice so we went for a cycle followed by venison stew 😋
good weekend 🙂MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
MFW 2022 #27 £5,300
MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £10001 -
Glad you got to have fun.Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20280 -
More Christmas food/booze spends - £28 last night for work’s Christmas do. I enjoyed myself but felt a bit anxious as I’d organised it and there were a fair few drop outs due to covid but I think most of the people who came enjoyed it.Hopefully can bag a few NSDs this week. It’s been nice being out and about but I’m ready to hibernate again. Can’t wait to have two weeks off for Christmas!MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
MFW 2022 #27 £5,300
MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £10001 -
Yes NSD 6/10 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
MFW 2022 #27 £5,300
MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
MFW 2024 #27 £6,055
MFW 2025 #27 £5,075
MFW 2026 #29 £650 / £10001 -
Well done on the NSDs.
Yes I'm looking forward to being able to hibernate.Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20280
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
