He’s got low self esteem

Options
I’ve been seeing my friend for 3 months after 3 months of him chasing me as I was dead set on not getting involved with anyone. He’s been struggling with confidence due to not getting over his ex cheating, we’ve discussed things and he’s opened up to me slowly, he has also problems in the bedroom where he can’t get it up due to feeling pressure to perform. Everything was going fine until I asked him to stop liking multiple girls pictures on Instagram and he now decided he has no feelings and has just been pretending and what’s to end it now whilst we can be friends. He also claims he doesn’t feel good enough, which is confusing in itself. We’re attempting to be friends but I’m finding him very hot and cold and now he nick picks at me constantly and I just feel like !!!!!! and I don’t know what to do.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One word
    'Elbow'
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • burner04
    Options
    millenials!
  • Robinette
    Options
    Smacks of overcompensating for an inferiority complex - run for the hills!
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you mean he was a friend beforehand? So you've known him longer than 3months?  Or is all you have known, is him how he is now? 
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 November 2020 at 7:27PM
    Options
    I think you need either to raise your standards, which would be my recommendation, or to lower them.  If that is too grammatical for you, either ditch him or put up with him... Seriously, is he all you are worth?  He sounds like somewhere you would be better putting a piece of furniture to me (waste of space, in case you did not get it)

If my post comes across as patronising, it was meant to.  Why do you need even to ask the question?  What do you do with rubbish?  I doubt you can even recycle him; maybe for organs..?  He won't get it up until he grows up and grows a pair.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback