EE won't provide an unlocking code

Options
Beverley
Beverley Posts: 138 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 21 November 2020 at 12:32PM in Mobiles
After my husband's contract had run out, EE offered to ontinue charging him (for calls/texts/internet usage only) the same amount that he had been paying for the handset plus calls/texts/and internet usage. We were unhappy with this and, when they were unable to beat the deal I had been given by my provider, said we would move to another provider. We then obtained the PAC code so that we could use the same number and added hubby's number to my Virgin account. We were unable to connect to the Virgin account and Virgin informed us that hubby's phone was locked to EE. EE hadn't mentioned that we would need this when we said we would move to another provider nor when we requested the PAC code. 

I contacted EE to request the code and they said it would take up to 10 days for it to arrive. 10 days later, it had still not arrived. I called again and explained that my husband is terminally ill and we needed his number because all medical appointments are held over the phone because of the pandemic. I was told that they would fast track the request through within the next 24 hours so I fully expected the code through by Friday evening. Of course, Friday evening came and went and ... still no code. 

I called again and was told that they weren't able to fast track anything through. I queried this and asked, "so was I lied to?". "Yes, I think you were." I asked if for details of the Ombudsman and was told that they could take details of a complaint and asked what I wanted to complain about which I summarised as:
1. I wasn't told that I would need an unlocking code when I said I was leaving EE.
2. The code failed to arrive within the maximum of 10 days.
3. The code then failed to arrive within the 24 hour 'fast-track' window I had been given.
4. There was still no reliable idea of when I might receive a code.

I asked to speak to a manager but the manager was unavailable. I now await a call back at 5pm. However, in the meantime, is there anything I can do to sort this out? Are there any meaningful phrases I can use to ensure that I am taken seriously. We missed a telephone call from the hospital on Wednesday because, despite my requesting the hospital use my number temporarily, the information had not filtered through. I know this was a hospital error but it wouldn't have happened if EE had sent us the code as requested.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Beverley

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills