We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

EE won't provide an unlocking code

Options

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just for reference, I am with EE.

To unlock a phone from Vodafone took about 5 minutes in one of their stores, and the EE sim card worked about 15 minutes later. This was on a Samsung phone. I called EE with regards to unlocking an iPhone a few years ago, as I use a local sim when outside the EU for obvious reasons.

Would it potentially be worth going into an EE store and getting it done there (if they're open)? It may be quicker, and should be just as free.
    💙💛 💔
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2020 at 5:23PM
    Options
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,490 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    macman said:
    EE stores, like all phone shops, are closed until 2/12.
    Our local high street phone is open

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    J_B said:
    macman said:

Presumably doing sandwiches as well then...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,490 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    macman said:
    J_B said:
    macman said:
    Presumably doing sandwiches as well then...
    Not a clue really - Vapfone does Vaping stuff and Phones.
    Isn't a mobile an 'essential business tool'?
  • Beverley
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I spoke to EE again this evening. This time the lady kept me on the phone for about 30 mins while she checked out what had happened. It seems that the first time, the call handler did not properly pass on the message that I needed a code so it wasn't actioned. Then someone lied and said that they had fast tracked it. However, this evening the call handler checked everything out, apologised profusely - she was very understanding and I finally felt I was being listened to -  and said that there was no way anyone could fast track a request for unlocking a phone as the request had to go through to Huawei. She sent the request off and also gave me the direct number for Huawei. I called Huawei and got cut off after the call handler had taken my details. However, 10 mins later, I got an email containing the code and the phone is up and running. Am not sure whether it was because of my phone call to Huawei or the request that tonight's EE call handler sent. Either way, I'm a happy bunny. I wish I'd got the EE call handler's name tonight because, unlike the other 2, she was fab.

Anyway, thanks all for your input.
  • dick_gwyn
    Options
    Unlock new Huawei EE PAYG 
    Hello, bought the mobile in error from ARGOS, wanted a SIM free model. However, been none in stock for a while.
    Can I get the phone independently unlocked without buying credit on the EE SIM? -  Mobile is still boxed and not been switched on?
    Thanks.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 December 2020 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Unlock new Huawei EE PAYG 
    Hello, bought the mobile in error from ARGOS, wanted a SIM free model. However, been none in stock for a while.
    Can I get the phone independently unlocked without buying credit on the EE SIM? -  Mobile is still boxed and not been switched on?
    Thanks.
    For most Huawei models there are plenty of resellers on eBay that will sell you the unlock code for a few £s.
    ====
  • liggerz87
    liggerz87 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As above also check the box to see of ypu see any ee branding if not your phone could already be unlocked worth trying a different sim in it
  • knmnhsun
    knmnhsun Posts: 418 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    does anyone know how to unlock a doro 6520 
    its locked to ee my 85 year old fatherinlaw  went to the ee shop and asked for a pay as you go sim as they had turned his off and they said go to tesco, he bought a giffgaff sim and £10 top up, and cant understand why it doesnt work now his on about buying a new phone to use the new sim, ive told him its locked to ee so he needs a code any help please 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback