Sainsbury HORIZON PCN already at NTK - Appeal due by 28th NOV 2020

Hello
I seem to have overstayed in my local Sains by 3 minutes. I then missed the original HORIZON PCN.(there are real life reasons like bereavement, mental health issues etc that have exacerbated both my time keeping issues and also my home admin but I won't go into all that) 
I now have a Notice to Keeper and have found the original PCN in a pile.
I read what seemed like a tonne of stuff including the 'newbie' info and went straight off and sent a complaint email to Sains CEO as I could not get through to the branch/manager. However I didn't read the advice on how to complain and did the nicely nicely approach.
Do I still follow the contesting route after 20 odd days even though Im already at NTK letter?
Can someone point me to the template for this as I seem to have missed it each time I look...
Many thanks
 :) 

Replies

• Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is in the NEWBIE sticky first post, scroll down until you see text in blue; that is it, send it unchanged.  When  you click on the NEWBIE link (first page of the forum) it will take you to the LAST post, you will need to scroll right back to the beginning.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, send the template and you could change the bit about pay & display machines (if that is irrelevant) to a line you write yourself, telling Horizon that you are suffering from real life reasons like bereavement and mental health issues and needed more time than normal, so a complaint has been made to Sainsburys CEO because it fees like harassment of shoppers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 30 October 2020 at 4:52PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2020 at 4:52PM
    They are getting really stupid with these grace periods !!

Do not miss the appeal deadline as keeper , but plan A is always best
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It can't be (and won't have been) 3 minutes; the OP has misunderstood. 

Maybe the PPC has added together a few minutes before a a few minutes after paying, or is it not a paid car park?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pustitpustit Forumite
    197 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    For future visits see the store manager and ask for your car reg. to be added to the white list.
  • edited 31 October 2020 at 12:24PM
    MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2020 at 12:24PM
    Coupon-mad said:

Maybe the PPC has added together a few minutes before a a few minutes after paying, or is it not a paid car park?
    What does the NTK say re. the alleged infraction?
  • sad_womansad_woman Forumite
    26 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Thank you for the extremely quick reply :)
    The PCN shows entry 9:45 and exit 11:48 so assuming they are accurate time keepers I overstayed..
    I wondered if it had been close to the wire and I had taken 3 mins more than 2 hrs after validation at the machine, packing car and driving out.. I could make this part of my template perhaps - in 3rd person of course!

The car park is set up to allow up to 2hrs free if validated with a Sainsbury voucher to prove you have shopped.
    However I have not been able to work out how you can pay for unexpected extra time above the 2hrs..
    It appears to be set up only to allow you to park and pay for a set amount of time in advance. I have asked the Sains staff but they had no idea. ( I overstayed by a large margin a month before chatting to an old friend in the car park - doh!
    As I could find no way to pay the difference I ended up paying the £42 when the pcn arrived - I feel stupid now but it removed something to stress about at the time. But this is getting expensive now, bringing another stress..)
    Many thanks for your advice and just to be sure I understood I should submit a personalised template now?
    :))
    26 Posts
    pustit said:
    For future visits see the store manager and ask for your car reg. to be added to the white list.
    Gosh do they really have such a thing? It's certainly worth a try.
    I have been shopping in alternate places due to money saving needs but still find myself there about once a month for things I cannot find elsewhere, so it could be really helpful. Thank you 
    26 Posts
    MistyZ said:
    Coupon-mad said:

What does the NTK say re. the alleged infraction?
    The NTK says 'Failure to pay/Validate for the Duration of the stay'