🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Autoaid car recovery

Options

Comments

• sabbykins
    Options
    Hi, just to share our experience with AutoAid.
    We ditched the AA in June and signed up with AutoAid for £32 (still cant believe the price!) We are absolutely gobsmacked that we have EXACTLY the same cover with them for a fraction of the cost.

Last week my hubby was helping a friend move house (cos he has a van and so always gets asked to help people move, lol) Anyway, he had parked it outside the new house and was using the rear lift to unload the furniture and after 3 hrs the battery died.
    He called Auto Aid and said they were really helpful (took a while to answer though, but did in the end) they sent someone out who jumpstarted the van for him and when he asked how they took payment, the recovery firm said 'no charge'!!

We are REALLY impressed and would recommend this company to anyone.

Every bit as good as the big names and cheap as chips!! :D
    Wins to date since Aug 2008: Book 'Life with my sister Madonna' (My 1st win!) | Garnier Eye Roll On | (Sept) Wall e Robot| (Oct) £110 worth Miller Harris Perfume!|
  • Poptician
    Options
    I joined too on the back of this site and cancelled my RAC cover as they wanted £124 to renew! It was £94 last year and I never made a single claim. It makes me laugh when RAC say to me my new premium includes a no call out reduction yet it's 30 quid more expensive. They must think I'm a mug!

The feedback seems brilliant and I'm pleased I made the jump.

One thing that puzzles me though. I don't always travel with cash and cards so does that mean I'd be stranded? I suppose I could always ask the repair firm to tow me home to get my cards first - could I?

Cheers for the tips.
  • Mad_Max_3
    Options
    We are with autoaid for the second year, having moved from RAC. We had a claim a few months ago, the imobiliser imobilised the car. We got our local garage out to do the work, all labour, no parts, and put in a claim to autoaid. The cheque for the full amount arrived within a few days!

Very, very impressed!
  • Heat
    Options
    I am about to sign up with Autoaid and ditch the AA due to the large price difference. Interestingly, when I phoned the AA to cancel my £90 Relay renewal they offered to reduce it to £54 to stay. I didn't take them up on this but I was surprised by the offer. They also said that they believed that Autoaid had a limited mileage to their recovery offer per year. I don't necessarily believe them but does anybody know about this?
  • Happy_Shrimper
    Options
    I would just like to say how good AutoAid are.
    Been with them for nearly a year and used them twice.
    First time my immobiliser failed and was fix on the spot. Cost £65ish. Claim settled in days. Was well impressed with the service.
    Then, last month broke down in our family car on holiday in Norfolk.
    Couldn't be fixed at the road side, so relayed back to our holiday accomodation at a cost of £95.
    The following day, recovered from holiday home and relayed home at a cost of £265.
    This was all approved at the initial break down without hesitation.
    Claim sent on Monday, two cheques for full amount recieved on Saturday.
    How can they do it? I feel I should make a 'donation' on renewal!
    Do not hesitate in joining them. They are absolutley untouchable!!!!
  • Finishrich
    Finishrich Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Heat wrote:
    I am about to sign up with Autoaid and ditch the AA due to the large price difference. Interestingly, when I phoned the AA to cancel my £90 Relay renewal they offered to reduce it to £54 to stay. I didn't take them up on this but I was surprised by the offer. They also said that they believed that Autoaid had a limited mileage to their recovery offer per year. I don't necessarily believe them but does anybody know about this?

I suggested autoaid to my granmother (she's been with the AA forever and doesn't like change!!) But for the difference in price she was considering changing, anyway, when she phoned up the AA to cancel they dropped the price so she just stayed with them.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    They dont pay out much for homecover tho :(

Home Assistance

If the vehicle breaks down at your home or within one mile of your home, we will arrange help and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle. If the vehicle cannot be repaired quickly at the scene of the breakdown, we will reimburse the reasonable cost of taking the vehicle to the nearest available garage. The maximum reimbursement under this benefit ONLY is £45.
  • piggeh
    piggeh Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm interested in cancelling my RAC cover, although have a few questions:

Are you covered for accidents? And what if you have no cash on you at the time? Being a discharged bankrupt, I don't have a credit card, so would I be stranded with no way to pay them?!
    matched betting: £879.63
  • mouseclick
    Options
    FJSRiDER wrote:
    AFAIK there is no website. Call them on 01277 235500.

Now Autoaid do have a simple website. It can be found at http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/
  • gristleboy
    Options
    I have been a member for 2 years and made my first claim for £54 on 07 July. The cheque (I am told) was dispatched but some 3 weeks later had not turned up. I phoned the company and was told to write a letter stating that I wished the 1st cheque to be cancelled and a new one be issued. I sent this letter to Autoaid on 07 August. I phoned the company today and was told that no letter had arrived. I was asked to re-submit the letter via e-mail to [EMAIL="autoaid@equitygroup.co.uk"]autoaid@equitygroup.co.uk[/EMAIL] asking once again for the cheque to be issued. I requested that they send the cheque via Recorded Delivery, so that I might actually have a successful time with the mail system. It may well be co-incidental, but I am starting to have my doubts now. I will keep the forum up to date with progress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport