🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Autoaid car recovery

Options

Comments

• bwatt00
    bwatt00 Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Where can i find out more info about them,did i read right there is no website?and how can i get a leaflet about there services as i am in small town in scotland and maybe no good to me all the way up here or maybe extra costs involved for the likes of me.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • FJSRiDER
    FJSRiDER Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    bwatt00 wrote:
    Where can i find out more info about them,did i read right there is no website?and how can i get a leaflet about there services as i am in small town in scotland and maybe no good to me all the way up here or maybe extra costs involved for the likes of me.
    See my earlier post - they don't 'advertise' as such either as far as I know.

The system should work wherever you are!
  • hungry_monkey
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if autoaid cover the car or the person please?
  • FJSRiDER
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if autoaid cover the car or the person please?
    Person (or persons if you are married).
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think they are fab. My OH thinks that the big name recovery places are the way to go...but we've been with them for a year and called them out numerous times.
    We have 3 cars and all have been covered...I don't think my OH can quite believe it.
    There are no limits to call outs either. We must have used them about half a dozen times in the last 12 months...
  • hungry_monkey
    Options
    FJSRiDER wrote:
    Person (or persons if you are married).

Thanks for that! Also, will they take you onto your final destination or back home if your vehicle cannot be repaired on the spot?

EDIT: Just found the answer on another website "Then, unlike other policies that will fix your car at the roadside, AutoAid will infact provide a car that will seat up to six people and transport to the required destination."
  • FJSRiDER
    Options
    ...will they take you onto your final destination or back home if your vehicle cannot be repaired on the spot?
    'They' won't but the system pays for it.
  • damski_2
    damski_2 Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for all the advice peepscarfrontred.gif

just signed me and the missus up £32 carleftred.gif

miles cheaper than the RAC wanted for my renewal at £111 with NO homestart
  • hostertlady
    hostertlady Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    BUT.. you are not covered for parts are you? i am looking for cover for my son and want to make sure that i get the right one, i phoned for a quote and he told me all the bumph and it sounds great, do you pay for your bill at the side of the road and then send them the bill and they deduct the cost of the parts?
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no one covers for parts,yes pay with credit card on receipt of assistance and reclaim,simply and works
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport