Autoaid car recovery

Options
oap
oap Posts: 596 Forumite
FOR DETAILS AND EXPLANATIONS READ THE FULL

AUTOAID AND BREAKDOWN RECOVERY POLICY ARTICLE

Hi, we are with AGe Concern road recovery for our car which is reasonable, £59 fully comp, but a friend has got the above recovery company off this site a while ago, has anyone got it and used it, as for £29 a year it seems very cheap if it works, its a bit late when you need it to find out its not as good as the one you left!! Cheerio and many thanks for any information. oap

Comments

• FJSRiDER
    FJSRiDER Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    oap wrote:
    Hi, we are with AGe Concern road recovery for our car which is reasonable, £59 fully comp, but a friend has got the above recovery company off this site a while ago, has anyone got it and used it, as for £29 a year it seems very cheap if it works, its a bit late when you need it to find out its not as good as the one you left!!
    We quit the AA at the beginning of the year and joined Autoaid - just a few weeks after joining the wife had an alternator fail on the M5.

The service was simple to use, she called their rescue line, told them where she was and within 20 min was recovered by a local towing firm, and brought home she paid them the £66 (I think) fee and we put in a claim. Payment was prompt.

No complaints from our single experience. I recommend Autoaid to everyone I know. Hope that helps.
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much indeed for that excellent reply, which has put our minds at rest, phoned them yesterday and await the bumph on Monday, it was interesting to hear from them that Equity Red Star are the insurers and they also administer Age Concern Recovery. I think we shall have a go with it and I have passed your reply on to friends and family. Thanks again.
    Best wishes oap
  • sueandg
    Options
    I've just read about Autoaid and would like the web address of the site please. Can anyone help me?
  • FJSRiDER
    FJSRiDER Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    sueandg wrote:
    I've just read about Autoaid and would like the web address of the site please. Can anyone help me?
    AFAIK there is no website. Call them on 01277 235500.
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Options
    I've just signed up - price has just increased to £32 per annum - RAC were looking at £77 as a continuation of my Citroen cover deal and Direct Line offered Green Flag at £46, both of these included Home Start which is coveered on the Autoaid deal. One slight drawback my RAC ran out yesterday and the Autoaid wont start till midnight tomorrow so moral seems to be sign up a day or so before your existing deal expires
  • curlytail
    curlytail Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just paid £31 and renewed with Autoaid for my 11th year. I have used them several times over the years and they have covered me and my wife in my car and inhers. They also covered me when I broke down - went to a site to collect my caravan and towed it home for me with my car on the back- though the receipt only showed a recovery and take me home price. I had to pay for the tow truck to do a return trip across a bridge and they refunded that too.

The claims form is simple and a cheque is sent to the member within a few days. I'm staying with them but some years ago they told me they were not accepting new members so they must have changed their minds now.
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    curlytail wrote:
    .....but some years ago they told me they were not accepting new members so they must have changed their minds now.

They must have. I joined last year and my daughter did the same about three weeks ago. Would recommend to anyone.
    Can I help?
  • FirstClassMale
    Options
    I think I had better check them out too.

About to do a bit on the Vent board about my experience with Brittania
  • wallacehome
    Options
    still better value than anywhere else though !
  • Brooking_scores
    Options
    I joined AutoAid in January. Since them I have used them twice, have always had trouble-free and helpful service and prompt repayment of the money I paid out (totalling £150) .

I would recommend them to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport