Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Replies

• phoebe1989sebphoebe1989seb Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seals, wow, fabulous Poppy 😄😄😄

Dave, sorry to hear that - hope it doesn't spoil his summer too much! Sending healing vibes his way.

Well, I got my bricks moved...eventually! DH thinks I'm crazy, but I worked on it after dark by torchlight last night (till about 1am 😂), getting up - couldn't sleep anyway because of the heat - at just before 5am to finish it off, lol 🤣 Am exhausted now though, so despite it being *slightly* less intensely hot today, I'm taking things easy and just pottering. There's still loads of other stuff to shift, including a whole rockery of plants, but I'm leaving that till the very last moment.....
    :j Mortgage-free for twelve years! :j

:T Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed :T
  • edited 23 July at 2:46PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 July at 2:46PM
    Oh no, sorry to hear about the broken arm. I remember when he broke the first one, didn’t he need surgery on it?? Poor wee soul, I hope this one heals quickly.
    Yes, surgery today for 2 hours! He's not so wee, and that's the problem, I think. Only 6 and tall enough to be 8. :/ His brother will be the same. None of my genes, obviously! :disappointed:

The last of the hay bales were shifted this morning. We normally leave them out for a few days because they can spontaneously combust, but the break in the weather that's forecast was judged more important. ;)
    Looking forward to that, though I bet those just beginning to head for the M5 won't be!

Digital Identity: you've seen the carrot, but wait till you feel the stick!
  • pink_poppypink_poppy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I didn’t know teasels had a little frilly skirt, I’ve only ever seen them naked.

phoebe, I think your DH might be right 😉

Hope the not so wee one’s op went well today, Dave.
    Caledonia dreamin' ...
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad the op went well Dave, but I'd look for a refund on the red sky at night, guessing you copped the thunder & rain during the night?
    Woke me about 0230 so just as well your hay was in if similar

Dry now but dull, the lilies survived and seem to be holding off fully opening while it's manky
    Unlikely to get out into garden today, too soggy but I may peer at the French beans to see if any left post rain & snails
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farway said:
    Glad the op went well Dave, but I'd look for a refund on the red sky at night, guessing you copped the thunder & rain during the night?
    Woke me about 0230 so just as well your hay was in if similar
    We had the rain for a time overnight, but no lightning within 30 miles of here. My app on the 'puter said it began around Southampton and eventually formed a swathe of storms from Sussex to around Bristol.  It wouldn't have been too good if the hay bales had still been out, but farmer Pete spirited them away in the evenings to the new barn he's just completed, although he'll say it's at least 4 years old! ;)
    Digital Identity: you've seen the carrot, but wait till you feel the stick!
  • pink_poppypink_poppy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is an epic sunset, Dave 😯
    Caledonia dreamin' ...