Expensive phone discarded by Amazon Returns

Options

Comments

• The OP can sue Amazon EU and they may win by default, but as they have no tangible UK assets they have to take it to Luxembourg for enforcement
    Do they not own stock or buildings?
    Not larger trucks, or even the smaller Amazon branded ones...
    Because there's three near me that have huge Amazon signs on them.
    Amazon EU do not, not.  At least not in the UK they don't.

Amazon Services UK (or whatever way round you put it) do but as I already said, you can't just sue whoever you want and get a just outcome.  Amazon UK Services is not the entity that did business with the OP so it would be wholly inappropriate (and a waste of time for them) to sue them, and would be overturned at the drop of a hat, if it got that far.  Anyone can theoretically sue anyone and win, if they don't respond.  It doesn't mean it's the correct party and once you rattle their cage (try to enforce it) welcome to the idea that suing the wrong entity doesn't work.

Why people on here (and by here I mean the Consumer Rights board) don't understand jurisdiction is beyond me.
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 December 2021 at 7:32PM
    Options
    Thanks for updating us.

Do you still have your Amazon account, or have they closed it? (Something they're entitled to do at their whim, as long as their reason for doing so does not fall foul of discrimination legislation ... them being spiteful doesn't fall foul of it).
    Jenni x
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Well just an update I have now received a full refund as well as compensation from Amazon for the hassle caused from this process following a final written letter of intent to take the matter to a small claims court. Thank you all for your advise throughout this situation especially from the 2 of you that advised I ensure I write to the correct entity of Amazon, you’ve been great!
    That's good to know.  Well done!

Would it be possible to share with the rest of us the actual content of your letter to Amazon?  From the number of complaints on this board they seem to have form for "binning" expensive kit if they receive what they consider to be the wrong item back.  It would be helpful to see how you persuaded them.  And which Amazon entity you persuaded.
  • Fentoozler90
    Options
    The letter I wrote is as follows blanked out my personal details though

• Fentoozler90
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Thanks for updating us.

Do you still have your Amazon account, or have they closed it? (Something they're entitled to do at their whim, as long as their reason for doing so does not fall foul of discrimination legislation ... them being spiteful doesn't fall foul of it).
    I do still have my Amazon account and was given a years free prime and a gift voucher for my troubles
  • Georgea8
    Georgea8 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Fentoozler90, did amazon stop replying to you eventually? how did amazon contact you after you sent them the letter?
  • Fentoozler90
    Options
    I sent the letter via email as a pdf with a read receipt attached they emailed me to arrange a phone call and was all resolved during that phone call
  • Georgea8
    First Post
    Options
    What was the address you emailed 
  • Georgea8
    First Post
    Options
    i sent a letter similar to yours to the address shown as I don’t know which to email 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback