Skipton Building Society

Options

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the interest is payable and interest drops this week on the Online Bonus Saver Issue 7.

First the good news and then....`' :)

• Moneybear
    Options
    I have to admit I have been very impressed with Skipton BS. I like the app and ease of use on the website. Customer service has always been polite when I've needed to contact them. Shame about the rate reducing but we had a good rate for longer than I expected with the 1.2%.

I'm in the middle of buying a house right now so I think I need to keep my money there with the dropped interest rate for now. I definitely be keeping my relationship with Skipton regardless. 
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2021 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Just a reminder that both the interest is payable and interest drops this week on the Online Bonus Saver Issue 7.

Just be aware of the process to nominate an account to send the monies too, if you haven't done so already.  I encountered a wee challenge as my name is too long for the box (always missing the final letter) so my current account couldn't be verified.  There's a system to upload either a bank statement or passbook, I don't receive paper bank statements any more so did a screen shot and hope that it's acceptable.  I may just order a bank statement just in case!

Later...of course I forgot about downloading a current account statement from the bank app, and then I remembered so have done that and emailed it through.
  • Skipton_Building_Society_Representative
    Options
    Moneybear said:
    I have to admit I have been very impressed with Skipton BS. I like the app and ease of use on the website. Customer service has always been polite when I've needed to contact them. Shame about the rate reducing but we had a good rate for longer than I expected with the 1.2%.

I'm in the middle of buying a house right now so I think I need to keep my money there with the dropped interest rate for now. I definitely be keeping my relationship with Skipton regardless. 
    Hi there! That's great to hear, we're sorry the rate had to decrease however we're glad you're happy with our service and features. Our social media team are here to help in the future should you need us again😊
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Skipton Building Society. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Skipton_Building_Society_Representative
    Options
    Gers said:
    Just a reminder that both the interest is payable and interest drops this week on the Online Bonus Saver Issue 7.

Just be aware of the process to nominate an account to send the monies too, if you haven't done so already.  I encountered a wee challenge as my name is too long for the box (always missing the final letter) so my current account couldn't be verified.  There's a system to upload either a bank statement or passbook, I don't receive paper bank statements any more so did a screen shot and hope that it's acceptable.  I may just order a bank statement just in case!

Later...of course I forgot about downloading a current account statement from the bank app, and then I remembered so have done that and emailed it through.
    Absolutely right! This is worth noting with any saving's account provider. As of 2020 all saving's providers are required to verify the bank account is in your name, if we can't do that electronically we have to ask for a physical statement. 

Thank you for pointing this out- it's worth being aware of in case of any urgent withdrawals. 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Skipton Building Society. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Gers said:

Absolutely right! This is worth noting with any saving's account provider. As of 2020 all saving's providers are required to verify the bank account is in your name, if we can't do that electronically we have to ask for a physical statement. 

Thank you for pointing this out- it's worth being aware of in case of any urgent withdrawals. 

Just to add that once I had uploaded my current account statement in pdf I received an email only a couple of hours later to confirm verification.  A very efficient and easy process which I much appreciate - that's the way to do it.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    I have found being with Skipton a very pleasant experience tbf.

I shall remain a member, however, with rate of 0.15%, the bulk of my cash savings will be held elsewhere from tomorrow.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I shall be transferring the bulk of the remaining funds to a better paying account but will remain with the Skipton in the hope of better rates to come - in addition, I am taking advantage of the loyalty regular saver.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    My interest is due today.

I wonder if it might only show tomorrow.
    1882 Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Indeed, thanks Skipton and a fond farewell from the bulk of my cash!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback