unable to read forum on Google Chrome browser

Options

Comments

• northwalesd
    Options
    My screeen zoom is set to 100%, continually having the issue.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    aylesby said:
    DoaM posting 7 back
    This works for me
    Thanks for confirming that my filters (in uBlock Origin) also work for you ... as I've said many times, I do not experience the issues reported by others.
    DoaM said:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.mse-masthead
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.SecondaryPanel
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.MainContent.Content:style(width: 99% !important)
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.Container:style(max-width: 100%  !important)
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.MainFooter.Footer
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.DismissMessage.InfoMessage

• snowqueen555
    Options
    also on 100%, but will try 90%
  • MoneySeeker1
    Options
    Checking back on this - as I've still got this problem.

Been some time now!!!

I've just had to swop over - again - from my normal browser (Chrome) to Avast Secure Browser to be able to read the forum. It is a faff - so...yet again...I'll have my read and then have to swop back to normal (Chrome) browser for rest of Internet reading. Can't just stay on Avast Secure Browser - as it's got a (very handy) ad-blocker on it and that means it's not possible to watch most YouTube videos (as they have ads - and so the YouTube blocks that browser from seeing those videos in the first place).

My computer is, in every way, the same as it was for weeks prior to this MSE problem starting up. Same width screen thing I've always had. Same/same/same. The only difference to the beginning of the year from my end is that I had to have my computer changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with that enforced change by Windows. But I'd been using my Windows 10 perfectly okay/looking exactly the same as normal (as I have had it set on "classic skin" to look the same as Windows 7 did).

So been duly having my own computer absolutely identical in all respects since February this year and then this MSE only problem started recently - so it's definitely nothing to do with things my end and I won't be changing anything my end. It's an MSE problem - nowt to do with me.

• luckbox
    luckbox Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any target date for a fix on this? It has been a few weeks of frustration now, both on my PC and laptop using chrome.
  • Joy123
    Joy123 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We still have this problem.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have this problem on both my home PC and my work PC. Both chrome, both windows 10. Both seem to have started happening since the 2004 windows update. 
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • EthicsGradient
    Options
    I've had it too, for a week or more, on Windows 10 and Chrome.
    One quick and dirty method to get the blanks filled in: click on a bit of text that you can see, and then drag over the blank. It will highlight the missing text, and you get the background too.  Annoyingly, you have highlighted text, of course, but perhaps it's quicker than opening an incognito window.
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Still got this problem too.
    If you zoom out and then zoom back in (to whatever your prefered text size) then it fixes that particular page without you needing to reload it. But it's a nuisance when it's doing it on every page you click on.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I set up all the uBlock filters and for a day or two things improved, but now they are as bad, if not worse than ever.   I can either chose to go into incognito mode, or refresh the page each time the fault happens.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback