Anyone Not Suffering During this?

Options
Big corporations? Come on, some people MUST be making a whole bunch of ££££ and $$$$. I wonder who that could be. Think, think, think.

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,292 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Companies that make hand sanitiser.  
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of people and companies are unaffected by this from a financial point of view.     However, that doesn't matter.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    And face masks
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sticker makers and perspex companies
  • mobilejo
    mobilejo Posts: 333 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lots of industries are 'business as usual' - my company is neither doing better nor worse than expected and has been so since lockdown began. Just doing the same as "normal" is something to be celebrated right now, so I am very grateful.
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    Amazon are probably doing quite well out of it
  • samwilki
    Options
    I work in a large food manufacturer and they are doing very well, up 25% compared to where they expected to be.
  • davelewis
    Options
    JamoLew said:
    Amazon are probably doing quite well out of it
    I went to work for Amazon during lockdown. Believe me there was unlimited overtime and they are constantly recruiting. I was only there for 12 weeks but had a positive experience and would go back to work there again. 
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    Options
    Healthcare. OK it was tough on some wards but in the main it was OK and there was unlimited overtime and huge spending on upgrading facilities for online working and a possible second wave. 
  • onwards&upwards
    Options
    Dr_Crypto said:
    Healthcare. OK it was tough on some wards but in the main it was OK and there was unlimited overtime and huge spending on upgrading facilities for online working and a possible second wave. 
    You are using healthcare staff as an example of people who haven't suffered during this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback