Nominate Post Of The Month for December '07

Options
UPDATE 1 JAN 08: Well done to rheme who throughly deserves post of the month. rheme, can you send me a private message.

Nominations can now be made for January Post of the Month

Please nominate your most useful/helpful Post of the Month £50 Award by replying in this thread. Remember, you're nominating, NOT voting - there is a difference! :smiley:

Also, please don't lobby to win the prize - as Martin says, it's not cricket!

Please include:

A. A hyperlink to the specific thread/post - highlight the web address of the thread/post when you're viewing it from the address bar at the top of the screen and copy (press 'control' and 'c') and paste ('control' and 'v').

B. Why you think they should recieve the award (no more than one paragraph please!).

threadbanner.gif

Comments

• Mistyang
    Mistyang Posts: 20,545 Forumite
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=604029

This is my link for my nomination for Post of the month. Thanks to Terrylw1 I have managed to claim compensation from the electricity company when I was without electric for over 19 hours. I learnt a lot from Terry that I did not know before and he brought to our attention the fact that we are entitled to compensation in these kind of circumstances. At first the electricity company tried to fob me off but Terry I won thanks to your great advice.

this was my original nomination...
    I would like to nominate Terrylw1 for all his help recently when I had suffered a power cut. His advice was invaluable and I learnt a lot that I did not know about claiming compensation. Oh and a cheque is on its way to me now for £50 compensation. What a good do.... I am really grateful to Terry.
    And I have done reading & geography.. too ! ;)
    Dont break my heart...my miley smiley cyrus heart :D
    Crazy Nutters Member No 1067
    Bad Mothers Member No. 153 and Mummy to the lovely girls & MSE Nanna...:j
  • Tweetinat
    Tweetinat Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=597005

I'd like to nominate Ghekkomanic for starting this thread. It's been gripping edge of your seat stuff to read :)
  • boglin
    boglin Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to nominate rheme for this inspirational thread - moneysaving tips DID evolve from it, but better than that, this poster reminded us of the true meaning of Christmas and that 'values' are more important in the grand scheme of things than 'value'.

rheme used the moneysaving tips from this thread and others to buy large quantities of sweets, toys, etc. at the lowest price possible, in order to maximise funds raised during the year to give 100 local disadvantaged children a wonderful Christmas party that they would not otherwise have had.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=602384

:santa2:
  • Smickan
    Smickan Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    Ditto on Rheme :)
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    Options
    Rheme again!
  • beckyatthebeer
    Options
    It has to be Rheme
  • Taffyscot
    Taffyscot Posts: 896 Forumite
    Options
    aye rheme in the spirit of xmas.
  • DenBo_4
    DenBo_4 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    Rheme too for me, it's good to see MSErs giving something to the community. Especially when it's done the MSE way!:beer:
  • deb
    deb Posts: 807 Forumite
    Options
    Rheme also has my vote!!
  • pookienoodle
    Options
    rheme gets my vote too.
    so in keeping with the spirit of chrstmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure