Time to Face The Music

Comments

• RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Back to work again. Won't be long before the next weekend.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are from stores. It was cereals for breakfast, we have both taken our packed lunches to work, salad box for me and dinner tonight is cajun pork wraps made with the leftovers from last night's roast dinner.

Tonight's jobs are:
    • working from home
    • weekly shop
    I am determined that I am going to lose weight this week. The last three weeks I have been stuck at the same weight so this weigh in Wednesday I am aiming for at least a lb off to get things rolling again.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good Luck on the weight loss and hope your working week flies by 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • alt80
    alt80 Posts: 4,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Just caught up. Your finances are starting to look really healthy, pleased for you. 

The farm place your friends own looks like a great place to stay too, open views for days. I love going away for a weekend somewhere like that. 

• RelievedSheff
    alt80 said:
    Just caught up. Your finances are starting to look really healthy, pleased for you. 

The farm place your friends own looks like a great place to stay too, open views for days. I love going away for a weekend somewhere like that. 

They have a beautiful house in a beautiful setting. Wouldn't be for us though. It unfortunately has attached neighbours and you have to drive to the pub!!
  • RelievedSheff
    It was a lovely crisp start to the day this morning. We had a lovely walk with the dog as the sun was rising.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be from stores today. Breakfast was toast, we have both taken our packed lunches to work and dinner tonight is lamb curry with rice and vegetable samosa.

Tonight's jobs are:
    • walking the dog
    • load of washing
    Can't believe it is almost pay day already. It looks likely that we will have a decent underspend this month so need to decide what to do with that. Will probably send £50 to the premium bonds account to round that back up to the nearest hundred, get rid of the random £13 on the credit card balance that has been bugging me for ages now and I may well pay off a couple of our booked campsite stays as well.
  • RelievedSheff
    Mid week already. This week is flying by.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be from stores. Breakfast was cereals, we have both taken our packed lunches to work, salad box for me and dinner tonight is grilled chicken breast with naga rice and vegetables.

Tonight's jobs are:
    • walking the dog
    • load of washing
    • cleaning the kitchen
    • weigh in Wednesday
  • RelievedSheff
    It's payday tomorrow and we have had quite an under spend this month so this morning I have topped up the Premium Bonds account with an extra £50 to round that up to a hundred again and I have paid off the random £13 off the credit card balance to make that a round hundred as well. 

I have also paid off a few balances from campsites we have booked through the year so most of those are now paid in full.

The remainder of the underspend is going to roll over into next months budget because it is van tax month, travel insurance month and home insurance month.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,242 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good use of the leftover money. Do you ever think back to what you would've done in the past with leftover money - or wouldn't there have been any 😆
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • RelievedSheff
    Good use of the leftover money. Do you ever think back to what you would've done in the past with leftover money - or wouldn't there have been any 😆
    There definitely wouldn't have been any!!

In fact we would more often than not be in the overdraft at this time of the month..............
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I can well remember when we were there as well RS! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills