Time to Face The Music

Options

Comments

• RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning from sunny Cheddar.

We had an absolute pig of a run down here yesterday. What started out as a 2.5 hour journey ended up at 5 hours due to an accident on the M5. The sat nav rerouted us through Central Bristol and that was stressful to say the least!

But we finally got here to glorious weather and had a lovely afternoon. 

The cheese we bought was delicious. We have loads left.

Today we are exploring again. The weather looks set to be hot and sunny again.

• RelievedSheff
    Options

Internet reception here is very hit and miss, as you might expect in a Gorge, so these pictures might not post. But here goes.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great photos. I see the dog has found a friend 😆
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Fab pics RS... I do miss cheese on this diet! It all looks wonderful.  We had to drag our dog out yesterday, he didn't want to move off the sofa and then last night he was snoring away we had to turn up the TV :D 

Have a lovely time 
    LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • RelievedSheff
    Options
    We had another great day yesterday ending with a fab takeaway curry.

The dog had his friend with us again for part of the day. She really is a beautiful dog.

Today we must head for home. We don't have any rush so are going to make a day of it. We expect the traffic to be bad again.

We will have some cheese on toast for breakfast before we set off and then stop for lunch somewhere on the way back. Dinner later is some roast pork I got out of the freezer as we left.

The boys are still fast asleep snoring so I will leave them be. There is no rush today.
  • RelievedSheff
    Options
    Back to work again today unfortunately.

It won't be a no spends day. I m going to do the weekly shop this evening after work.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be from stores. Breakfast was a bacon sandwich using up some leftovers from the weekend, we have both taken our packed lunches to work and dinner tonight is a ham and cheese pasta bake with garlic bread. Again using up some leftovers from the ham I made and some vintage and cave aged cheese that we have open from the weekend.

Tonight's jobs are:
    • walking the dog
    • shopping
    It is a short week this week at least.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely weekend - and what a beautiful Poodle! Not surprised at the traffic being grim over the weekend unfortunately - the M5 is one of those roads I'll generally try to avoid at al costs and especially over a bank holiday weekend! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • RelievedSheff
    Options
    We are definitely not falling for it again. We will be avoiding the M5 during bank holidays from now on!!
  • ladyholly
    ladyholly Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    We went over the M5 a couple of times on Monday and it looked to be busy but moving. It can be  very busy and our local junction can be a total nightmare to get on. When we were looking for a dog one trip took an hour and a half to get onto the motorway (we live approx 5 minutes from the junction when no delays) and travel 7 miles and that was just a normal weekday.
  • RelievedSheff
    Options
    It's pay day today.

We had an under spend of £200 for the month so that has gone into the savings account. Another £300 sent to the savings account as well. Nothing to the premium bonds this month because the car is going in for the gear box fixing on Monday and that will take pretty much all of what is in the savings account now. Thankfully it is there though. 

Not a no spends day today. We are, if the weather picks up, going to get fish and chips for dinner later and eat them in the park after work. We need to take the dogs vaccination card into the vets for filling in and it is next door but two to a very nice fish and chip shop.

Breakfast and lunch are from stores though. Breakfast was crumpets and we have both taken our packed lunches to work.

Tonight's jobs are:
    • walking the dog
    • cleaning the kitchen
    • cleaning the windows
    I'm going to have to ring the dentists today as well. I got something stuck in my tooth while we were away. I thought I had caught it in time and got it out with some poking about but it feels very much like it has turned into an abscess now! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback