IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

The Draft Private Parking Code of Practice (PAS 232) now out for Consultation

Options

Comments

• Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 October 2020 at 4:39PM
    Options
    https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/drafts/2020-00193/000000000030425971?standardsReference=PAS 232#/n73f0601af9c1c4e5#n73f0601af9c1c4e5

9.4.4 is getting some action from the PPC's This relates to the amount of time that a motorist has to pay after notification of the rejection of an appeal. Suggestion is 28 days. Many comments wanting this reduced to 14 days. I have suggested 28 working daysCounty Court judgment has to be paid in 30 days.

Should their business model be contingent on the collection of these charges in 14 days instead of 28 days? 

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I regret that I gave this up as "too difficult"   K.I.S.S.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    beamerguy said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Notice a bit of a surge in comments evidently from the PPC network, many are multiple copy and pastes of the same comment (some with quite dreadful grammar/spelling), maybe some of the more 'considered' PPC comments have been templated out to them by their respective ATA?
    Hopefully our efforts will help make a major improvement for both landowners and the motoring public. 
    Shame there is no way of informing BSI it is being spammed.
    There is a way, tell Robert Jenrick MP. IT IS HIS BABY
    I am still waiting for him to reply to the question I sent him several months ago. I think I will have to take a breath soon because I can't hold it much longer.
    I will not put up with such rubbish.  A letter to Kendrick with CC emails to his oppo number your MP and the oppo in your area.  Oh yes, a copy to Boris.   Kenrick comes across as a wide boy anyway

Take a leaf out of Trumps book "the consultation has been corrupted"
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    9.4.4 is getting some action from the PPC's This relates to the amount of time that a motorist has to pay after notification of the rejection of an appeal. Suggestion is 28 days. Many comments wanting this reduced to 14 days. I have suggested 28 working daysCounty Court judgment has to be paid in 30 days.

Should their business model be contingent on the collection of these charges in 14 days instead of 28 days? 
    I think most motorists will be going for option (b) and appealing to the appeals services; especially as the code makes reference to the ADR which allows 12 months to appeal.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Castle said:

I think most motorists will be going for option (b) and appealing to the appeals services; especially as the code makes reference to the ADR which allows 12 months to appeal.
    I agree but if they do decide to pay they should have 28 working days. It also gives them time to consider their options. The PPC's are pushing for 14 days.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 October 2020 at 7:20PM
    Options
    This was inevitable that the scammers are trying to scupper the consultation and the illegal cartel they operate, are now scamming the BSI .....  and Sir Greg Knight and onwards to government 
    By doing this must show Kendrick and the like that the money scam is out of control.

This must be exposed. I have done what I said above and sent emails ========================================
    Want to see who I have sent this to and what I said ... PM me.  BE AWARE that I will only respond to those I know on this forum. I do not respond to money scammers. We don't want to tell the odd bods what's going on do we
    =========================================

On a side note, the Works and Pension Secretary made a normal classic government error today be saying that out of work air crew should retrain as carers ???? what, and get covid ?

Never mentioned staff and bosses of parking companies, she missed that one.
    They could move to being rubbish collectors, no training required
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @Le_Kirk - can you remind me how to access total number of responses please?  Can't find your original input on it. Thanks.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure