Ready for the next stage!

edited 20 September 2020 at 9:25PM in How much have you saved?
442 replies 5.3K views

Replies

• riotladyriotlady Forumite
    442 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nothing much exciting to report here, have mostly been lying in bed watching SVU! Yesterday was a bit of a spendy day as I ordered some new leggings and a dress to wear to an upcoming wedding off ASOS (student discount though!) and then my little sister came round in the evening so I treated her to some pizza. Had a no spend day on Sunday so hoping for my 3rd one today as I'm just hanging out at home and eating leftovers. 
    442 Posts
    Forumite
    No spend day no.4 today! Doing alright! Got a morrisons order in yesterday for £60, £20 of which was just nappies. Chicken Kiev’s, new potatoes and green beans for tea tonight. Riotdude is at work so I get to watch trashy tv on the big telly :) 
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done on the no spend days so far. Shopping sounds great for £40 that’s a big saving 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE

House sale/ purchase costs
    First house purchase offer accepted 20/5/22 fell through 8/7/22 due to sudden serious illness of seller
    Insurance 2 x £90 Searches £300. Survey cancelled/refund received
    Offer accepted on another property 2/8/2022
    £90 solicitor insurance
    £300 searches

Aiming to retire early age 60 🥳
    442 Posts
    Forumite
    Another no spend day yesterday, so that's 5 now :) Would be good to get to 10 by the end of the month. 
    Today I spent £20 on some storage containers from Argos, hoping to organise my overflowing xmas decorations and extra pantry items. I really appreciated having a few extra stocks of essentials in when lockdown started and I want to try and slowly build those supplies back up a bit. 
    £115 spent on groceries so far this month and it looks like we're pretty much on track in all categories :) 
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    15K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's all looking good. NSD should be doable and your grocery bill looks to be on track 🤗
    442 Posts
    Forumite
    I've started picking up bits here and there for Christmas, I like to a. spread the cost a bit and b. be done by December so that I can chill out xD Mini riot's main present this year is going to be my childhood dolls house (fisherprice- bloody indestructible!) which is obviously free, but need to furnish it. I've also picked her up some dinosaur figurines and a board game. I'm honestly excited already! 

Another blood test today, so should hear back about that early next week. 
    442 Posts
    Forumite
    Another Morrison's delivery today, £80 this time. Riotdude complained last week that I didn't get him his usual haribo and beer so I've included a few more treats and also restocked some pantry goods. Still got £120 in the grocery budget to last us until the end of the month, which is plenty :)  I'm also loving Emma as a budget tracking app- it's working much better for me than YNAB did and so easy to see how much money we have left for things. 
    I spent most of this morning lying on the sofa feeling sick and had a 3 hour nap this afternoon ( :s ) so today has been a bit of a write off. Trying to catch up on a bit of work now before I go and pick up the little one. 
  • Sorry you are still feeling poorly riotlady, hope you get your results, so they can diagnose you and get you well again.... :(

Given the rumblings about restrictions, don't forget the toilet rolls!
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I hope they discover what’s making you so ill soon. Nothing worse than feeling sick. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE

House sale/ purchase costs
    First house purchase offer accepted 20/5/22 fell through 8/7/22 due to sudden serious illness of seller
    Insurance 2 x £90 Searches £300. Survey cancelled/refund received
    Offer accepted on another property 2/8/2022
    £90 solicitor insurance
    £300 searches

Aiming to retire early age 60 🥳
    442 Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks folks! Fingers crossed I’ll get some answers soon. 

I have loo roll on a subscribe and save from amazon so we’re well stocked :) 

Today has been a nice day, just pottering around the house and yard. Mini riot loves splashing in puddles and it hasn’t rained much recently, so I got the watering can out and made a puddle for her to splash in. Between that, putting pegs on the washing and jumping off a big plant pot, she was entertained for nearly 3 hours. 

Cajun chicken linguine for tea tonight, looking forward to it!