Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• Sadie23
    Options
    How long did it take from when you submitted to FOS until adjudicator advised of their findings?

I spoke to my adjudicator 2 weeks ago forwarded the required bank statements etc. She advised that she would be reviewing over the next few weeks.

In my case, October I referred my case to ombudsman, received adjudicators findings just before xmas. However, QQ have rejected them so waiting for ombudsman decision now!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all. I am a first time poster on here.

I found out about this reclaiming opportunity last week and quickly got the ball rolling. I have already emailed Wonga, Quickquid, Mr Lender & Sunny with a complaint asking for money back.

When I took the loans out at times I understated my monthly outgoings so that they would think I had more disposable income to repay their loans that i actually had (looking back now it was a bit stupid but at the time I needed the help). Is this likely to go against me in my claims if I now state that my outgoings were more than I stated previously?

Over 5 loans with Mr Lender I paid roughly £500 interest. Within 3 days of my complaint they offered me £123 as a goodwill gesture (the interest of my final loan with them). I will probably accept this one as they were quite intent on dealing with the matter swiftly and I did pay off all the loans on time.

I have had 28 loans with Wonga only totalling £1000 interest. 5 loans with quickquid totalling roughly £2000 interested & 25 loans with Sunny totalling £5000 interest. None of which have even acknowledged my complaint yet.

I have always paid loans on time and never had any missed or late payments. But I am unfortunately still in a position of taking extra money out to cover my current debts. Hoping for Sunny to write off my current debt of £1800 to finally get myself out of this hole.
  • James3891
    Options
    How long did it take from when you submitted to FOS until adjudicator advised of their findings?

I spoke to my adjudicator 2 weeks ago forwarded the required bank statements etc. She advised that she would be reviewing over the next few weeks.
    For my case it took 4 weeks from going to the FOS to getting an offer and adjudicator made a decision 2 days later after i rejected it.Been a lot quicker and less hassle than i imagined it would be.
  • silolz0rz
    silolz0rz Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Hello,

I thought i'd just post an update of where I am, in case anyone else has just started the process. only 2 of these actually have a balance. Payday UK and Safetynet.

Has anyone else not seen a reply for QuickQuid & CashASAP

Wonga
    Waiting for a final response.

CashGENIE
    Currently waiting 2-3 weeks for a reply. (12 days gone) for final decision.

SafetyNET
    Final decision says they aren't required to pay out, due to the loans being affordable. So this has now been sent to FO

PayDAYUK
    Sent £1 postal order. Then received a reply a few days later saying they're looking into my account and I should await a final decision (in a timeframe)

MyJAR
    Received an email stating the first complaints team from MYJAR couldn't come to a decision. This is now been sent over to the 2nd complaints team from MyJAR. Looking for a reply 28/03/17

CashASAP
    Emailed them and I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

QuickQuid
    Sent me a statement of accounts and sent them my complaint back, and they're now going to look over an offer or solution and send it back.
    Debt Free (08/05/2017)
    QQ declined my offer, FOS now said QQ has offered £538
    WONGA result from FOS in a few days.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    silolz0lz

I received acknowledgement of my complaint from quickquid within 3 days. They didn't five me an expected time frame and told me to send in bank statements etc if I feel it will help my claim. Not sending them anything though.
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine seems to be taking ages. Letter from FOS dated 31 August. I hadn't heard anything by 6 Dec so rang. Was told i was waiting to be allocated an adjudicator. Rang again today for an update. Apparently it has been with an adjudicator from 12 Jan. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. It is a QQ one. Has anybody else waited this long?
    Go get it!
  • FourMenHadADream
    Options
    Adjudicator is working on my case now. Quick Quid made an offer to FOS for 400 odd for one loan to settle my complaint in full, which I knocked back.

Should hopefully have an update over the next couple of weeks
  • silolz0rz
    silolz0rz Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2017 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Hi,

looking for a little advice, should i refer this to FO? regardless of safetynets reply.

SafetyNET responded to me and their final decision is that they believe it was an affordable loan after doing a credit check on me. They've said my balance is still outstanding and nothing will be offered.

Here's a section of what they said:
    When we booked you as a customer we also did a full credit check. Your report showed that you had

(no CCJs, small overall debt of a good history of settling short term loan accounts with any defaults

being either old or satisfied.

Your bank transactions do show the use of other payday lenders but these are factored into our

affordability check and we will only lend where we are satisfied that a customer has sufficient

disposable income to be able to afford to repay without difficulty. In your case your disposable

income was sufficient to manage a £330 credit limit and the subsequent credit limit increases.

We therefore refute your claim that we lent irresponsibly. The outstanding balance on your account

is £514.08 and this remains payable.
    Debt Free (08/05/2017)
    QQ declined my offer, FOS now said QQ has offered £538
    WONGA result from FOS in a few days.
  • robdogg11
    robdogg11 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonga / QQ / PDUK all now with the Ombudsman

PDUK seems to be progressing the most, my adjudicator said it could take 3 months to investigate fully.

QQ - Nothing since I sent my bank statements a few weeks ago. Asked for an update yesterday.

Wonga went past the 8 weeks yesterday with a reply saying they are very busy etc. Sent to the FO today.
  • a_fresh_start_:)
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I am back with another update! Yesterday I received my Lending Stream refund following the Ombudsman's decision. Initially they offered me £969, I rejected this and progressed to the FOS. I started this complaint in June '16. The complaint was upheld by an adjudicator, Lending stream disagreed. The case was then put in a queue for an Ombudsman, it was put on hold for a while as 2 of the loans were outside the 6 years. The Ombudsman upheld the complaint again (with even more loans that the adjudicator) Yesterday I received a refund for £7506.05!
    My total progress so far has been amazing with huge amounts of refunds received. Most of my complaint were submitted in June '16. Below is what I have received back so far:

QuickQuid - Decision made by Ombudsman - received £8518.65
    Payday Express - Adjudicator level - received £6737.55
    Lending Stream - Ombudsman Level received - £7506.05
    CFO Lending - Decision made by Ombudsman - £744.39
    Wage Day Advance - Ombudsman decision - £166.30
    Mr Lender - resolved promptly with company - £450 written off £250 refund

As you can see I have received nearly £24K back. I still have a few outstanding complaints, my largest being with Payday UK. They have not responded to adjudicator and now it is in line for an Ombudsman. This particular case includes loans from over 6 years ago - these have also been upheld. If the Ombudsman agrees with the adjudicator I may end up receiving another £14000!
    Keep at it, and be patient.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure