Comments

• sarahb7538
    Options
    Great news Fresh Start ��
    March 2017 - Debt Free- cleared £21,750

On a mission to repair my credit rating & own my own home
  • FourMenHadADream
    Options
    Ive settled with lending Stream and Payday Express and received £1500 back combined. I felt this was fair based on total interest paid and were two of my smallest complaints. Plus it was couple weeks before xmas and the funds came in handy.

Quick Quid, Pounds to Pocket and PDUK were passed to FOS 2 weeks ago. FOS responded this week advising that they have requested my file from these companies, and also stated that an adjudicator will be appointed which can take up to 12 weeks. They have requested bank statements and my credit report.

As my complaint dates back over 6 years my struggles with debt and defaults won't be shown on my credit file, will this cause any issues with FOS?

Also, what is the best credit report to send them? I have free Noddle account however I'm unsure of that can be downloaded and saved or is it better to send them the Experian report?

Also, is it ok to send the report and bank statements by email?
  • Sadie23
    Sadie23 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I scanned and sent all my statements via email, it was time consuming breaking them down to about 5 per email but it worked. In terms of credit report, I saved mine onto a PDF from Experian and again emailed it. :)
  • FourMenHadADream
    Options
    Thanks Sadie. I've managed to pull bank statements back to 2008 from my online banking which I'll ZIP send send over.
  • sarahb7538
    Options
    Do you have any of the original default notices etc, missed payment letters etc. That's what I'm sending to them as my file doesn't show the defaults anymore as they have dropped off. But I was in a right mess at the time I was using PDL's. I am a bit of a hoarder with paperwork though and I'm glad really as I don't have any other proof. Just a thought, if you still have them x
    March 2017 - Debt Free- cleared £21,750

On a mission to repair my credit rating & own my own home
  • FourMenHadADream
    Options
    sarahb7538 wrote: »
    Do you have any of the original default notices etc, missed payment letters etc. That's what I'm sending to them as my file doesn't show the defaults anymore as they have dropped off. But I was in a right mess at the time I was using PDL's. I am a bit of a hoarder with paperwork though and I'm glad really as I don't have any other proof. Just a thought, if you still have them x

I haven't no. I'm moved home since I resolved my debt issues and cleared out. I've built a spreadsheet of of all default charges from my bank statements of missed payments, I'll send that on as well.
  • messi2504
    Options
    Ive settled with lending Stream and Payday Express and received £1500 back combined. I felt this was fair based on total interest paid and were two of my smallest complaints. Plus it was couple weeks before xmas and the funds came in handy.

Also, what is the best credit report to send them? I have free Noddle account however I'm unsure of that can be downloaded and saved or is it better to send them the Experian report?

Also, is it ok to send the report and bank statements by email?

How were Lending Stream to deal with? I am in the process of registering my complaint with them but they have lied about my credit score being high and how they thought they acted fairly.

Also to get your credit report this can be done via Noddle, when you login on the left hand side you will see a button that says View my full report if you click on that. You will notice a print icon with print written below it click on that. When the print option comes up change the destination by clicking on change, you are presented with a list and you can at that point save it as a PDF document. Once saved you can attach that PDF via email if you need to send it to any of the loan providers.
  • FourMenHadADream
    FourMenHadADream Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2017 at 10:37PM
    Options
    I received a 'goodwill' offer of £72 from LS with them accepting no liability, hoping I would go away, with a lengthy response explaining why they were rejecting my complaint. I rejected this, asked for a final response to go to FOS with.

They came back advising they had relooked at my complaint and felt that so many loans were unaffordable and shouldn't have been approved, and offered the interest reimbursement which I thought was acceptable. I probably could've took them to FOS and been awarded more. If it wasn't approaching Christmas I would have.

I said to the misses, if they offer X amount I'll take it, and they weren't far off it. We didn't need the money for Christmas, but we were certainly more comfortable and we enjoyed it with better gifts and more nights out than usual!

Also, I used Checkmyfile to download my credit report. I may also check Experian as multiple commitments aren't showing.
  • sacha28
    sacha28 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I've just got off the phone to MMT who are dealing with my complaint...they just wanted to update me that nothing has happened in respect of the ombudsman.

Now I know these things take time but it was passed over to the ombudsman mid-October.....does that seem an unusually long time or am I still in the range of 'normal'? I almost feel like I should contact the ombudsman myself just to make sure I haven't been forgotten. Would it be worth doing that or should I just leave?
  • TayHarp7
    Options
    Received my letter of receipt from Wonga last Friday, do I give them 8 weeks from then or 8 weeks from the day I sent my complaint to them (20/1/17) ?

Thanks,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure