We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

Edit Post

dcb2019
dcb2019 Posts: 31
10 Posts
Forumite
edited 13 March 2024 at 3:26PM in Site feedback and Forum Help
Hope I've posted this in the right place.
How do you edit a post on this forum?
«13456789

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 22 July 2020 at 3:38PM
     Click the cog icon in the top right of your post box 
  • dcb2019
    dcb2019 Posts: 31
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    I don't appear to have a cog icon on the top right of my post box. I have an arrow icon which expands the box.
  • 203846930
    203846930 Posts: 4,708
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The cog icon is on the green banner at the top of your post after you have posted, if the cog is not there you need to post more times to qualify to be allowed to edit.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Like this? Not seeing an arrow on mine 
  • 203846930
    203846930 Posts: 4,708
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    _shel said:

    Like this? Not seeing an arrow on mine 
    I think the arrow they are talking about is at the top right of the box that you type your reply in.
  • dcb2019
    dcb2019 Posts: 31
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    I'm using desktop so could be why I don't see it. I'll try on mobile.
  • dcb2019
    dcb2019 Posts: 31
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    Sorry I've just seen someone said it could be because I'm a new member. I guess I'll have to wait for the function. Thank you for your replies.
  • I'm also looking for this function but can't find information on how many posts or days until I can unlock them.
  • BootsMullery
    BootsMullery Posts: 3,453
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    MaxineMc said:
    I'm also looking for this function but can't find information on how many posts or days until I can unlock them.
    It's an MSE secret. One day, surprise surprise!
    Bob
  • You have to reach a certain number of posts, and also have been a member for at least 3 (I think) days before the edit feature becomes functional.

    Why I've no idea ... it's bizarre that a newbie is forbidden to edit their posts to correct typos etc. 🙄
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.