Play.com contact email

Options

Comments

• emmaanddave
    Options
    I ordered a Barbie Puppy swim pool on the 6th December and money was taken from my account that day. I still have not received any confirmation of despatch or any item. I have sent them an email yesterday but may have to call them tomorrow.

What can i do if they say they have sent it but I know I have not received it?

My daughter is waiting for this for xmas! :os
  • ukphd
    ukphd Posts: 82 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2010 at 2:23PM
    Options
    I'm sick and tired of play.com.

I ordered most of my xmas presents from them (primarily because I was using quidco so decided it was worth it). All items took over 10 days to arrive and some items never arrived at all.

One DVD I ordered was apparently dispatched on 15th Nov. I waited 21 days and raised a missing item claim. They finally emailed me a form to complete confirming the missing item. It said they would send a replacement. I completed it immediately, scanned it and sent it back to the email address they gave. They were meant to confirm within 3 working days but obviously I heard nothing. I had a very frustrating phone call to their customer (lack of) service dept. I can only assume it was a foreign call centre - if it wasnt then they need to vet their staff better. The woman had no idea what I was talking about and the line was awful so I could barely hear her anyway. After 20 minutes she proudly told me that she could confirm the original item was dispatched on 15th Nov...... ! I was asking for confrimation they had received my missing item form and to ask where the replacement was - clearly I could read the original email telling me it was dispatched! She also kept asking me what the order was - well I'd given her the order number and told her 3 times... After more frustration she then told me she would send out another one. This shocked me as I thought it had been sent out when I raised the original claim. Had I not called they probably wouldn't have sent the replacement. They've sent it but there's little chance it will arrive before xmas now. This was actually a birthday gift for 4th Dec.

I don't know how their postal service can take this long. I refuse to believe it's all royal mail's fault as other things are arriving fine. How can it take 10 days for something to get here?!?

In addition several items still haven't been dispatched since ordered at the start of Nov. I contacted them via email and was told they are awaiting stock! They gave no indication of when stock was expected and when I checked they are all still listed as in stock on their website. I've cancelled those orders and got them from Amazon - don't get the cashback but at least I get the goods.... oh and anyway I don't seem to ever get the cashback for play.com anyway as NONE of the transactions have tracked (despite all other retailers now tracking - even the ones that took a while).

Avoid play.com. They used to be great, they're now at best incompetent and at worse fraudulent. :mad:
  • RachG_2
    Options
    I ordered a book on 3rd November and received an email saying it was dispatched on 18th November and money taken from my account immediately. It didnt arrive within the stated 3-5 days so I emailed and was told to wait until 9th December. This came and went, still no sign of my goods.

So I called them as my emails seem to just get ignored and was told I had to fill out a missing claims form which I would receive within 24 hours, then post it back which would take best part of a week. This then takes 3working days for them to process. I will be lucky to have my money back by the New Year! Still not happy with this I called back and was told my refund would be processed that day but I still had to fill out the form.

Another 5 working days later, surprise surprise still no sign of my refund. So I called again today and was told they couldnt confirm if my original email had been received but to wait another 3-5 working days and my refund "should" appear. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told they are "all on a call" I work in a call centre, I know the lies they tell! Supposedly my refund is now being processed and will appear on my play.com account within the next 24 hours but I shant hold my breath!

Would NEVER buy from play.com again but unfortunately I am still waiting on 3 items being delivered!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread's looking more and more as if it ought to be retitled "Do not buy from play.com" - for very good reason!
  • Khunt1964
    Options
    I've had no real issues with Play.com until now. I ordered a PSU for a computer on 8.11.2010 from a PlayTrader called HRA Computers. It never arrived. I chased it up and was advised that another one would be sent. This never arrived and at this point the company stopped replying to my mails. I therefore followed the procedures to start a FairPlay Guarantee Claim to get a refund. Once I submitted the final claim, play.com advised me to wait 10 days for the matter to be settled. This was 15 days ago and I haven't heard any more from Play! Their contact e-mail form states that they will reply by the next working day.That was 4 days ago! By searching the net, I've found 4 telephone numbers for Play - all of them are constantly engaged. I'm starting to think that I'm never going to get my money back for this item - I won't be using Play.com again. I've noticed in the small print of the Fairplay Guarantee that you won't be able to claim if the playtrader company goes bankrupt or into liquidation.

This is Play's selling point for using one of their Play Trader-

Is it safe to buy from a PlayTrader?
    "It is very safe. The entire transaction is processed by Play.com and is covered by our FairPlay Guarantee"

What a load of tosh!

Has anyone had any similiar experiences?
  • Dizze
    Dizze Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    why do play.com store customer's card details? do most online stores do this? eg new look..sports direct...

do they store card details even though your paying with paypal?

x
  • CallaLily
    Options
    Seems my story is common then, ordered a christmas present dispatched from play on 7th December, other orders sent 6th and 9th December both received but the one sent 7th December anybodys guess where that is :mad:.
    Worse thing is they refuse to look into where it is until 28th December :mad: bit useless for a christmas present then isn't it! And to add insult to injury they have reduced the price of my undelivered item by 1/3 while I'm still waiting for delivery :(.
  • GriffterUk
    Options
    Yep I too have had nothing but misery from PLAY.COM, I ordered a christmas present on the 7th of December - it still hasn't been delivered and worse the courier DPD says they have not even received the parcel for dispatch yet (despite me getting a dispatch email from PLAY.COM on the 9th). Their customer service is a disgrace, don't seem to know what's going on, and won't do anything until the 28th - what good is that to me for a xmas present. So frustrating - will never EVER buy from these clowns again.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You might care to feed back on them here - could make you feel better:

http://www.tellyougov.com/topics/1311
  • grandprix
    grandprix Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    delboy007 wrote: »
    I used play.com for years until I had a problem with them and spent a morning trying to find a way of contacting them. I make it a rule now to never buy anything from a company that doesn't show their contract information. Let's face it, if they don't show it they are telling you they only want to sell you things and not be bothered with your problems.

This is a good principle, no contact info. - no sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure