Play.com contact email

Options

Comments

• Raff0
    Raff0 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered in October, Paid for!Still not received. Please Please Please DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY GRRRRRRRRR
    I have had reference numbers sent by them to say my complaint has been logged, i have filled out 3 separate claim forms (copy below) and have still received NOTHING but my money was taken within 24 hrs

[FONT=&quot]I have now filled out 3 of these forms and still received nothing ?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr Rafferty,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive your order for SanDisk 16GB Xbox 360 USB Flash Drive.

Upon checking the item we verified that this already exceeded our 15 business day missing policy.

In order for us to process a replacement for your missing order, please fill out and sign the "Not Received Claim Form" which we will send to you separately, you should receive the form [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]within the next 24 hours.

The form can be returned to us free post or send a scanned copy to Please indicate clearly if you want us to refund or replace the item. Once this is received, your request will be processed and you will be notified via email.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team
    Play.com [/FONT]

Quoted Number

[FONT=&quot]28 October 2011[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Order no: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]263751566[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Item price: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]£17.99 [/FONT]
    SanDisk 16GB Xbox USB
    [FONT=&quot]Sold by:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Play.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]POSTED: 30 October 2011[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Delivery option: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Free Delivery[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Delivery estimate: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3-5 working days[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]View order details [/FONT]
    237 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I would advise anyone purchasing a high priced item no matter how much cheaper it maybe to purchase from Play.Com to think again before buying! The reason being is that if you have problems with the item it seems that Play.com want to take your orders and your cash, but when there is a problem do not and will not be fourthcoming into resolving your problem. Contact any number for Customer Services and you will finally get someone who say for security reasons will not give you the contact details of their head office. You will get i am sorry but i cannot give you this information.. Well sorry that is not good enough. How do you run a business with no head office contact. They give a number or you will be given contact email address for Play.Com.. this because they can continue to ignore you so you you get no where with them.
    Differenece with Amazon you do have some contact with them. The difference between Amazon and Play.com is Play.Com is a circus. Avoid them AVOID PLAY.COM!!! Like me you will probably say ahh Play.com have always been ok with me.. Yes well wait until you have a problem. A Clear message must be sent to Play.com that you cannot operate a business like this also knowing they are storing your credit and debit card numbers in yet do not wish to give you their head office address.
    237 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I would also advise anyone asking for Play.com Contact address not to click on links given by members of the public here or on any website!! They maybe ok but you could also be taken to sites which may not be Play.com and could be fraudulent.
  • cascaid
    cascaid Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're all having problems :(

I have recently found www. ceoemail. com very useful (when dealing with other companies whose customer services leave a lot to be desired) and came across an email address for the supposed ceo of Play.com, waiting to see if I get a reply.

If anyone else wants to give it a go, the address is john.perkins@play.com

Fingers crossed!
  • Raff0
    Options
    Just to let you know guys, after constant e-mails and quoting the sales of goods act 1979 as a reference, i am finally receiving my none received goods nearly 4 months later lol. Will keep you posted as to when it arrives, so please keep annoying these people. Apparently it pays off in the end as i was sending about four E-Mails a week ;)
    :T
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Raff0 wrote: »
    Just to let you know guys, after constant e-mails and quoting the sales of goods act 1979 as a reference, i am finally receiving my none received goods nearly 4 months later lol. Will keep you posted as to when it arrives, so please keep annoying these people. Apparently it pays off in the end as i was sending about four E-Mails a week ;)
    :T

Worth a try, but it doesn't apply to non-UK companies like Play. There is now at least this, though:

Supply of Goods and Services (Jersey) Law 2009
  • NSum
    Options
    I see many of these emails are dated 2006-2009, hope this one shows people that their service has got worse in 2011. I recieved the wrong item and phoned for them to send out the correct one.
    It took 10 minutes to get through, then an Asian bloke spoke to me (he was really difficult to understand) and said that he couldn't send out the replacement until they'd done checks at the warehouse (previously they'd instantly correct this and alter my orders page to say that another item was to be processed).

The bloke put me on hold to speak to his supervisor and 15 minutes later i had to hang up as i'd clearly been forgotten. I phoned a 2nd time and was still unclear when they were going to dispatch the item i 'd ordered. This chap, another Asian bloke called ''Dane'' seemed more concerned that i have an order number to return the order i didnt want. Overall I was on the phone for just under 50 minutes (aparrently Virgin phones charge between 10p-11p a minutes for 0845 calls. I won't be ordering nothing again from play, this is after 10 years of being with them and having spent thousands over the years.

I don't know were their customer service staff are based, but I find they are very difficult to understand and you come off the phone more concerned that i'm not going to get the item for Christmas. Having read these posts above, it doesn't inspire confidence.
    Be aware when ordering from play. They now operate a 2nd rate service with 2nd rate personnel that read from a script.
  • Raff0
    Options
    I eventually got what i ordered and will now, due to total incompetence on the part of Play.com, NEVER USE THEM AGAIN be warned.
  • Darth_Hibbie
    Options
    Here is my Play.com experience. Used them numerous times in the past without any problem.

In November I bought a DSi for my daughters Christmas through playtrade, which according to play.com they guarantee that it is as safe as purchasing from play.

After two weeks of waiting the seller contacted me saying that because of supply problems he was unable to fulfil the order and that I should contact play for a refund.

I called play straight away and was told "we are very sorry to hear that, I have processed your refund and it will be in your account in 3-5 days." 1 week later still no refund. Called them again only to get through to somebody who could barely speak English whose answer to every question was "you will get an email" and refused to let me speak to anybody else.

After that I emailed them (several times) only getting a generic response about contacting the seller about the item.

I then sent a rather long email and got a response along the lines of we are sorry about your experience we will look into it and get back to you. That was a week ago and still nothing.

Will never ever use them again.
  • mattyclarkson
    Options
    Complaint follows:

Good Morning,

As a business, you will want to have people buying products off your website - it makes you money! More importantly you will want to keep repeat business, if people enjoy their Play.com experience they are likely to buy from you again.

My Samsung Galaxy Nexus has not been delivered after 5 days on free delivery. This follows Play.com's failure to deliver a Sony eReader before Christmas on my account also. Whilst not receiving something is frustrating, it makes it intolerable that your customer support is stuck so solidly to 'the process' that real customer support is impossible.

You have failed to deliever two high priced products to me. The Galaxy Nexus was sent with a DPD courier that at no point provided any tracking detail. I tried once to bring this to your attention, but it was dismissed becuase I had to wait for 'the 5 day delivery window to pass'. You could had investigated the fact that DPD hadn't even received the parcel.

So after waiting the 5 days, I phoned again to explain that the package hadn't been delivered - DPD had never tracked it.

This is where things started to go wrong. All I wanted to know was how the phone had failed to get from your warehouse to my doorstep. Your customer services could only tell me that they 'do not have that information at that time'. This is infuriating because you have paid for a courier service for a high priced product. Courier services track products. There is NO reason why the person on the other end of the line could not investigate the lost of the product and explain to me where the failure was. Was it a failure with the Play.com system? Did it not leave the warehouse? Did DPD fail to pick the package up? Did DPD loose it? Was there a problem with delivery?

Now the only method that the Play.com representitive can resolve this with is to promise an email in 24 hours (24 hours! It takes SECONDS to send an email) that I need to fill out explaining that I haven't received the product. You will then offer me a refund or replacement to be sent.

The replacement will be sent with another 3-5 day window. I explained that I needed the phone this weekend. That is why I ordered it last week. The respresentitive could not offer any method of compensation for my inconvenience. Would it really be too much to ask for you to send the replacement first class?

I understand that deliveries can go missing - things go wrong all the time in logistics. The way that you have failed is that Customer services can never tell you what, why or who got it wrong. It was the same issue when I ordered the Sony eReader - no one ever told me what went wrong.

You may think that I am asking something of your customer service that is impossible or special. Let me constrast you Customer Service to amazon.co.uk which I would guess you have recognised as one of your biggest competitors.

I have ordered many things off Amazon, all using their free delivery service. I have had two failed deliveries. One was resolved even before I phoned customer services! Amazon had realised that the courier service had lost the package and already resent a replacement. The second was a failure to deliver a Playstation 3. I phoned up explaining that my Playstation 3 had failed to arrive and whilst on the phone the representitive had logged the error (no 24 hour email!) and organised a replacement to be sent. I assume they can do this because they have sensible systems in place to track all parcels at all times. They sent the replacement with speedier delivery, knowing that they can track down the failed delivery. They act in a way that a failed delivery is their fault and they will handle it whilst providing you with what you ordered in the best way possible.

My Sony eReader failed to be delivered because Sony had stopped making them. However, it took 3 months for your customer service to finally tell me. I was willing to give you a chance as I have a Play.com credit card that I use for my expenses at work meaning I can get vouchers to use at your store. Another high value product and another fail, meaning I have to deal with your incredibly bad customer service.

I can imagine that a person from customer services will read this and, for that, I am sorry. This is not attack at you personally, it is an explaination of the failure of the processes you are contrained by. I hope that you can change these processes to be more helpful to future customers - all my purchases will now be with Amazon. This is a pity because I quite liked the fact that Play.com was a UK grown business.

Will update on progress :(

I contrast them to Amazon but I could be a far edge case where I got really good support. Amazon mess up much much much less than Play.com so I generally don't have to deal with the customer support.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure