Play.com contact email

Options

Comments

• tsimehC
    tsimehC Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    grandprix wrote: »
    This is a good principle, no contact info. - no sale.

Not really, your loss at the end of the day. I've used Play.com several times without any problems I can remember so I guess I can't comment on the customer service side but I never buy anything over £50 from there in one go. Save that for the more easy-to-communicate-with companies.
  • grandprix
    grandprix Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Writing this whilst on the phone (34 minutes & counting) to play.com, they didn't call me back as they had previously promised nor contact me at all as an email from them had previously promised.
  • grandprix
    Options
    tsimehC wrote: »
    Not really, your loss at the end of the day. I've used Play.com several times without any problems I can remember so I guess I can't comment on the customer service side but I never buy anything over £50 from there in one go. Save that for the more easy-to-communicate-with companies.

Your reply doesn't make sense - fortunately there are plenty of other retailers that have GOOD customer service and competitive prices. If I get faulty product from PLAY and then spend hours if not days trying to resolve the issue then that is a VERY VERY expensive product. And as for PLAY - the previous problem I had with them was with regard to an ever shifting availability date on a product, in the end I cancelled it and bought it from AMAZON, they have been superb with any issue I have had with stuff bought via them.
  • grandprix
    Options
    The owner of this web site is Play Limited whose address is
    Play.com, PO Box 192, Jersey, JE4 8RP

Tel. 01534 877595

Email. customercare@play.com

But don't waste your time ringing or emailing. Just send a recorded delivery letter quoting the Sale of Goods Act to the address above, your local trading standards team will tell you what to put in your letter.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your reply doesn't make sense - fortunately there are plenty of other retailers that have GOOD customer service and competitive prices. If I get faulty product from PLAY and then spend hours if not days trying to resolve the issue then that is a VERY VERY expensive product. And as for PLAY - the previous problem I had with them was with regard to an ever shifting availability date on a product, in the end I cancelled it and bought it from AMAZON, they have been superb with any issue I have had with stuff bought via them.

Difficult to see why anyone would risk buying anything worth more than a few quid from Play, when Amazon are so much better to deal with and usually cheaper or hardly any dearer.

My guess is that Play's failure to look after customers properly will lead to their downfall. Companies like Play need the big ticket items to remain profitable, and if people aren't risking buying them from Play (as, it seems, many are) it doesn't look good. All the more reason to avoid buying expensive items from them.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    I will NEVER use Play.com again!

They were great until I bought my OH a surround sound system for Christmas last year - when we came to set it up we found it was faulty. FOUR WEEKS of ringing them every other day to arrange collections and they never turned up at all even when they claimed they had called several times (my Dad doesn't leave the house so we knew they were lying). Eventually they agreed to refund my money but still haven't collected the surround sound 7 months on (and I've stopped calling them).

C xx
  • ffb4
    ffb4 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Avoid play.com.

Multiple phone calls 1 month later they say we havnt recieved claim form dispite sending 4 times from 2 email addresses. they wont process with out they just say send it again and wait 3 days.

even after they do recieve my claim for even though it been 1 month on they still will not send it anything other than 2nd class.

Asked for refund now, if claim had been processed imediatly after 21 days would of had replacement but not now.

They say i have to send claim form again now! instead i contacted my bank for charge back refunded within 3 days now. should not have to go to this.

Customer service not there managers dont speak to customers wonder why! i wonder if it was even sent or if play are just hoping people will write it off. is play going bust ? low prices no customer service lots of missing items
  • Doc_N
    Options
    ffb4 wrote: »
    Avoid play.com.

Multiple phone calls 1 month later they say we havnt recieved claim form dispite sending 4 times from 2 email addresses. they wont process with out they just say send it again and wait 3 days.

even after they do recieve my claim for even though it been 1 month on they still will not send it anything other than 2nd class.

Asked for refund now, if claim had been processed imediatly after 21 days would of had replacement but not now.

They say i have to send claim form again now! instead i contacted my bank for charge back refunded within 3 days now. should not have to go to this.

Customer service not there managers dont speak to customers wonder why! i wonder if it was even sent or if play are just hoping people will write it off. is play going bust ? low prices no customer service lots of missing items

Interesting - welcome to the world of Play. They take your money, but that's all they're good at.

Beats me why anybody would buy anything from them.
  • grandprix
    Options
    Trading standards tell me that as long as you can show "not fit for purpose / merch quality etc." then two years old is nothing . . how on earth are they still in business though ?
  • Doc_N
    Options
    Trading standards tell me that as long as you can show "not fit for purpose / merch quality etc." then two years old is nothing . . how on earth are they still in business though ?

The problem is that they're not based in the UK (Jersey) and aren't subject to UK laws.

They're still in business because people think they're safe buying from them. It's only when they get problems that people find out how awful Play are, and how difficult it is to get anything done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure