PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Bungalow not selling, what would you do?

Options

Comments

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Be wary of Crashy comments. I blocked him ages ago as he is like a stuck record.
    What would you do if your bungalow wasn`t selling?
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    What colour is the front door?
    There was a recent thread about a property not selling so they painted the door red (from blue) and it went quickly.  I did comment on there that the same thing happened when I was selling 1999.
    Can the OP post the rightmove listing?
  • blue_max_3
    blue_max_3 Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having recently sold a two bed bungalow, I can tell you that they do sell! We had a number of viewings and the one that wanted it, wanted to be near her family. They offered £15k under and we settled for 10k under to allow for updating. It needed kitchen/bathroom and heating overhauling, so we were happy to accept the offer. It was the only offer. Some thought the garden was too small as they were keen gardeners, but equally they might have preferred the easier maintenance.
    However, find the most popular/used local agent and they will work with you to achieve a sale. It will cost you a little more, but they will get you the best price and progress the sale to completion. We were very happy with ours and sold without being involved, as we both live miles away as it was our late mothers place.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be wary of Crashy comments. I blocked him ages ago as he is like a stuck record.
    He commented 4 minutes before you posted that, but how would you know, if you still had him blocked?

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • GDB2222
    Options
    Catsacor said:
    A 2 bedroom detached bungalow attracts a specific part of the sales market (older with no children) and as such it could possibly be a while before it sells as that market area could be slower to get going again after covid.
    I think wait it out or reduce the price to get rid.

I think there's a lot in that.

DW and I are in the age group that buys bungalows, but it's not at all urgent that we downsize, so we'll sit tight until the pandemic is resolved. It's a perfect excuse to procrastinate and stay in our comfy, familiar home. There are bound to be lots like us. I'm not saying the bungalow won't sell at a fair price, just that sales will be a bit slow at the moment. 

• GDB2222
    Options
    hazyjo said:
    GDB2222 said:
    He commented 4 minutes before you posted that, but how would you know, if you still had him blocked?

It usually says when blocked people have commented, it just doesn't show the text.
    Ah, thanks for explaining! There's a certain fascination about Crashy's posts, and I assumed that Unicorn had peeked! :)
  • Miranda25
    Miranda25 Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please do not block him. I like his style of writing- straight to the point :-)
  • eidand
    eidand Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 July 2020 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Miranda25 said:
    Please do not block him. I like his style of writing- straight to the point :-)
    what point ? There's no point. Just assume he says .... sell at 40% discount and this is it, you just covered 80% of his posts. The rest is useless discussions about definition of wealth. There's no value in either.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mortgage approvals are currently well down. With jobs being lost everyday. Patience may well be required. There'll be a lot of people waiting to see what happens as the fog lifts before committing to sizable financial purchases. . 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback