I know this is the wrong forum.. but I am stuck!

Hello all, 
I am a lurker rather than a poster.. but hoping someone can help!
I am due to go to Cornwall (Par Sands) with my 8 year old son (it's just the two of us) during the first week of the summer holidays. For various reasons; our days need to be planned and organised as much as possible; so was looking for some tips on the best beaches (within 30 mins drive of Par Sands, as the Par Sands beach is dog friendly, so only really suitable for an evening walk perhaps); and hoping to then narrow down places we can arrange/book to eat out at lunch time (plan to have evening meals in the caravan). Also, some activities to break up our trip; as 5 days on the beach, especially if weather is poor, could get tedious.
I thought the most relevant forum would be UK holidays section but it looks like cannot post anything in the UK holidays section of the forum, and I cannot find out why?? Does anyone know? Or can anyone point out some good websites for researching Cornwall?
Thanks, 

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The problem you'll have at the minute is that most businesses arent even open. I'd probably wait until next week once they are and then phone up to check what their availability, booking etc systems are like with the new restrictions.
  • HelenNoreen
    HelenNoreen Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello, yes that is absolutely the plan. But I know what a lot of people will have the same idea as me; so was hoping to prep this week and get an idea of where is best to visit; and then look at bookings once places start to re-open over the next week or so. 
  • I thought the most relevant forum would be UK holidays section but it looks like cannot post anything in the UK holidays section of the forum, and I cannot find out why?? Does anyone know? Or can anyone point out some good websites for researching Cornwall?
    Thanks,
    The forum section on the economy is the same, no new threads since March. I find it very strange, especially for a web site where that would be popular.

• HelenNoreen
    HelenNoreen Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I thought the most relevant forum would be UK holidays section but it looks like cannot post anything in the UK holidays section of the forum, and I cannot find out why?? Does anyone know? Or can anyone point out some good websites for researching Cornwall?
    Thanks,
    The forum section on the economy is the same, no new threads since March. I find it very strange, especially for a web site where that would be popular.

It is strange isn't it!! I have never seen this before. The only thing I could think of was because we are obviously not currently able to stay overnight on a leisure basis in the UK; and perhaps they wanted to discourage certain topics; but what's the problem with discussing planning ahead?! 
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,939 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    It is an effect of coronovirus I'm afraid, the MSE employees don't have the manpower at the moment to cover the whole board, so have closed certain boards for the time being. There was an announcement at the time.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,939 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Not sure but may look at Tripadvisor 
  • florain
    florain Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Might be worth a look on ukcampsite.co.uk  - click on message forum, top left and there is on days out, activities etc.
    Hope that helps.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Try the tourist information for the area you are going to.I don't know if they will be open but you could try.
    If you ar on a sit they usually have local information. You could phone  them and ask.
    http://www.parsands.com/local.php
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure